New biome trees

Started by Ravendreams on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 17:09, 6. Aug 2020
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
New biome trees

I've been able to create new biomes and dimesions, but every time I set a custom tree through the Mcreator software, the leaves keep despawning on the trees.    I'm not sure how to fix this or what I'm doing wrong

Last seen on 20:38, 30. Dec 2022
Joined Jul 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
First, are you using the…
Fri, 06/26/2020 - 01:29

First, are you using the built in vanilla trees on the biome screen, the built in custom trees on the biome screen, or spawning trees as structures on your biome?

If you're using actual leaves as the leaf block, you need an actual log for the stem block (can be any wood/leaves combo though)

If your log is a custom log block, make sure to create a Tag Element called "logs", on minecraft namespace, and add your log block, so leaves can stay attached to it.

Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I read something about…
Fri, 06/26/2020 - 16:30

I read something about making a custom tag element for the log block but I don't believe I understood it correctly since what I tried didn't work.   

Could you please explain it in full detail so that I can understand it better, as I think that is where I'm having the difficulties.

I made a custom log block, custom leaf block and tried using custom trees in the biome screen selecting my custom blocks for the tree, but when i went in and tested it the leaves were just despawning onto the ground.

Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I've figured out what I was…
Sat, 06/27/2020 - 15:06

I've figured out what I was doing wrong, thank you for the help but I got if fixed now.