How to make stripped log/wood

Started by Raveun on Fri, 07/24/2020 - 17:52

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 20:53, 28. Sep 2020
Joined Apr 2015
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make stripped log/wood
Fri, 07/24/2020 - 17:52

Hey guys I tried to make stripped wood procedure and it works, but one I've add all the types of axes to strippe the wood my logs are buggy, I can't set block on my logs, I can't burn it anymore and when I stripped one log/wood the sound isn't played anymore.

Last seen on 19:43, 29. Sep 2020
Joined May 2014
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
First off, that is not how…
Tue, 08/11/2020 - 06:52

First off, that is not how you damage items. You should damage the item in the player's hand, not "stone axe", yes?

Second, you have it set to play ambient.cave for some reason instead of the log stripping sound.

Third, you should use the "replace block at x y z" block and check "keep state" when replacing the log with its stripped counterpart. This will preserve the log's rotation when you strip it.

Fourth, you should really use OR statements instead of making a seperate trigger for every individual type of axe. You can make an OR statement by getting the light-blue "[] = []" block from the logic menu, clicking the dropdown menu on the block and selecting "OR".

Now, although you probably can't do anything about this, this procedure will not work with modded axes, as only the ones you have defined will work.

Last seen on 12:22, 29. Sep 2020
Joined Mar 2020
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Maybe use an item tag like…
Sun, 08/30/2020 - 03:59

Maybe use an item tag like make an axe tag and use the axe tag for the procedures