Topic category: Plugins and third-party tools
Plugin's page: https://mcreator.net/plugin/64638/file-creator
File Manager is a plugin adding new procedure blocks allowing you to create and read your files! Adding support for JSON files, it gives you the possibility to create a config file or files to save data for your mod. This plugin has also more usage, but this it to you to find them! :)
- TXT Files:
In this example, each time a block is broken a new file named
file.txt will be created at the current game's directory. Then, the procedure will read this same file and send a message to the player each line of the file. JSON Files:
- JSON Files
This image shows an example of a small JSON file containing another JSON object with values and a value. The first (main) JSON object (shown by the "Write following values as a JSON file" block) contains everything the JSON file will have. Then, the sub JSON object will be created containing normal values. When the JSON object has been added into the file, the procedure will get the field named
number into the JSON object
subgson shown here by
gson,subgson. To get a sub JSON object. you have to write every JSON objects in the order of the procedure and separte them with a comma (No space).
- This plugin supports Forge 1.15.2, Forge 1.16.5 and Fabric 1.16.5
- Version 3.1: You need to use on the full release of the 2021.1.
- Version 4.0: You need to use MCreator EAP 2021.2.26215.
Icon by Tobi-Wan#0482
Licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
- Appropriate credit must be provided to the creators and maintainers of this plugin.
- Forked versions of this plugin must be distributed under the same license as this with attribution if distributed.
- Changes must be stated if any modified works are to be distributed.
- Under no circumstances you can state that modified works are endorsed by the original creator.
To see a complete changelog of the plugin, check this file.
**This update will cause build errors in your workspace. You now have to use a variable as usually.** * Updated to MCreator 2021.2.26215 * Changed a bit the block color * Added a new `File` variable * Local and Global session * Updated procedure blocks to use the new variable type * Use the getter block to use your `File` variable * Current procedures need to be updated to use this new system. Build errors will appear the first time you open your workspace. * Added a new logic procedure block: Does file exists
* Updated to MCreator 2021.1.16710 * Updated to Forge & Fabric 1.16.5 * Removed support for Forge 1.14.4 * Added a new block to create sub JSON objects * Updated current JSON property getters to read sub JSON objects * JSON related blocks now require a JSON object variable name * [Bugfix] Get game directory could not be used on Forge servers // The block still does not with Fabric servers