Helo, just wanna make a /shout command

Started by Starquish on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 05:25, 15. Aug 2020
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Helo, just wanna make a /shout command

Just wanna know how. I want to make a mod with extra commands, so I wanted to have a command /shout, where if you go for example /shout pizza, then it will show <player>: Pizza, but bold and yellow. Or just Pizza in bold yellow. Can this be done in Mcreator? thx!

Last seen on 17:18, 1. Dec 2023
Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can create a command in…
Fri, 08/21/2020 - 14:58

You can create a command in mcreator. You just need to make a procedure that prints the text, the colors are easy too! (color codes: https://www.digminecraft.com/lists/color_list_pc.php, but this might not work... I'm not sure) The real problem is that there's no way (as far as I know) to get the text next to the command... so, you'll need to wait for an update that makes that possible.

Sorry :/ 

Last seen on 13:16, 28. Aug 2021
Joined Oct 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This is possible in MCreator…
Fri, 08/21/2020 - 15:06

This is possible in MCreator. First, you need to create a command element and make the command syntax "shout". Next, go to the events list on the last page, and find "when command exicuted" (something along those lines), and create a procedure. You need to get the 2nd command argument of the command, and send a message to all players using that command argument. If you need, I can make you the procedure and send you a screenshot of it if it's too complicated.

Last seen on 13:16, 28. Aug 2021
Joined Oct 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can create a command in…
Fri, 08/21/2020 - 15:09

You can create a command in mcreator. You just need to make a procedure that prints the text, the colors are easy too! (color codes: https://www.digminecraft.com/lists/color_list_pc.php, but this might not work... I'm not sure) The real problem is that there's no way (as far as I know) to get the text next to the command... so, you'll need to wait for an update that makes that possible.

Sorry :/

Friday_D0nat, this is possible. The text after spaces put next to a command are called "Command Arguments". Hope you learned something new :D

idk

Also, bananarang_mods, I'm not trying to sound uptight, but it's not useful to just tell someone you 'don't know', because if they are asking a question that they need serious answers to, you should provide them with help of some kind at least, or, if you don't know how to help, just don't reply.

Last seen on 17:18, 1. Dec 2023
Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I should start reading what…
Fri, 08/21/2020 - 15:16

I should start reading what the updates add...