Why the constant removal of features and the breaking of others?

Started by JzCraftFCR on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 15:52, 9. May 2023
Joined Mar 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Why the constant removal of features and the breaking of others?

I'm sick and tired of features that used to work fine, being removed or broken.

I'm currently using MCreator 2019.5, as any of the newer 1.12.2 MCreator builds can't seem to successfully transfer my ~2 year old workspace.
In said build of MCreator, overworld mobs are, for whatever reason, spawning in my custom dimension, which mind you, used to work fine.

I've gone through so many versions of MCreator, that by now I'm used to the meaningless genocide of useful features, like the To-Do list, or TX blocks, having 2 recipes (One crafting, one smelting) in one recipe element, and so on, and so forth, but I'd like to inquire why in God's good name is the company policy to seemingly inconvenience everyone, especially the ones who've stuck with MCreator the longest, and should be, to at least some very minor degree, respected for it.

Last seen on 22:49, 17. Mar 2021
Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Well, the main problem is…
Tue, 09/01/2020 - 16:31

Well, the main problem is that you're on 2019.5, which is very old. I would recommend downloading and running each version after that to slowly get your mod up to date.

As for stuff being removed, many of those are because of Forge (e.g., Forge pulled support for Silk Touch mining a while ago), or Minecraft simply not being able to do them any more (1.13 was the Flattening, which was the biggest rewrite of the entire game ever).

And you can easily have as many recipes as you want for one thing.