How to spawn gem (or simlar) that drops the dropped version of a block?

Started by kreatorKen on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 07:39, 14. Oct 2021
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to spawn gem (or simlar) that drops the dropped version of a block?

Does anyone know how to "spawn" in a block, but the dropped version of it, without having to program each block manually? Ideally, it would be like the "remove block at [xyz] and drop at [xyz] but without the remove bit. "Spawn gem" for a grass block, for example, does just that. But I want the spawned block to be the natural drops, e.g. dirt in this case. Do we have something that can do that?

Last seen on 22:29, 27. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
make a procedure, set its…
Fri, 10/02/2020 - 00:20

make a procedure, set its trigger to player right clicks block with item or just right clicks block if you want, and make it check what the block is and if its the one you want dirt in this cases make it just spawn gem the item you want

Joined Nov 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
it if you want it with…
Fri, 10/02/2020 - 00:21

it if you want it with everyblock make it an if statement saying if the block is not air/ bedrock, spawn gem your item 

Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hi TZO_Ghoul thanks for the…
Fri, 10/02/2020 - 06:11

Hi TZO_Ghoul

thanks for the idea, but that is exactly what I am trying to avoid, since you have to program each block, which makes lots of unnecessary overhead, and there is likely a simple procedure in the real java code. Ideally, there should be a "spawn drop of [item]" which will call the core java code and do that for us. I could ask for that to be added, or learn how to make a procedure block myself, but .... I am still being lazy in that regard. I was hoping there was a block procedure that I overlooked which can do that without making single checks.

Joined Nov 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I see, i tried with the…
Fri, 10/02/2020 - 17:27

I see, i tried with the blocks but unless you code it, it wont happen, also its possible with the blocks if you only want to get one specific item from blocks that are not air or specific blocks 

Last seen on 04:16, 16. May 2022
Joined Feb 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Well you cant simulate…
Fri, 10/02/2020 - 19:26

Well you cant simulate breaking a block or get the harvested result of the block.

Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can! There are two…
Sat, 10/03/2020 - 06:25

You can! There are two procedures for that, but you need a plugin. I highly recommend these two plugins which will feel like core elements as soon as you have them, the Miscellaneous plugin (2020.3+) https://mcreator.net/forum/60635/miscellaneous-plugin-114115 and the Plugin for ItemStacks https://mcreator.net/forum/58163/plugin-itemstacks .

One procedure under World Procedures from MP is: "Simulate block breaking event at x y z " and the other is under the normal Block procedures "Remove block at x y z and Drop at x y z".

But the deal is, the block has to be there in the first place. I have some mods carrying blocks (in a NBT) and I could spawn in a block and them remove them, but that might affect the world in undesired ways, so better is just spawn the drop. Hence the quandary.