Making a tamed mob sit

Started by UtahPlaysYT on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 11:23, 9. Jan 2021
Joined Jul 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Making a tamed mob sit

I am trying to make a tamed mob sit. I have created 2 different entity's one that can't move and one that will follow once tamed! However when i make it so it follows me again i need to re-tame it as its going to a different entity's is their anyway i can make it force tame to the closes player so i can tell it to sit and follow?

Thanks!

Last seen on 20:43, 21. Dec 2022
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
OKAY SO I figured out an…
Sun, 11/13/2022 - 18:41

OKAY SO I figured out an easy way to do this with no coding required. A sitting mob will no longer teleport to the player. 

1.) create two living entities, one for sitting and one for standing. IMPORTANT. In the sitting entity's spawn tab, disable natural spawning and despawning. 

2.) create a new procedure for sitting/standing. Call it whatever you like but make the name clear. See Screenshots below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QQPig0bwiKo_4g8eFKSWPt52GwPiwlPK/view?usp=sharing

I used a blaze rod to tell a tamed entity to sit, because otherwise this procedures interferes with my entity breeding procedure. Use whatever you like, or don't add the second AND at all. 

ALSO IMPORTANT: you MUST put in a tame(nearest entity of type) if you want your entity to recognize that it is tamed. 

3.)Go into BOTH living entity's triggers tab - add your procedure to the entity when right clicked on. 

Bing bang boom! U got it man. I hope this helps someone out! :D

Screenshots: (note: i am a fool and mis-ordered steps 3 and 4)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W7jKqEsI6XDQp4RLPaxzhvqweh1j0Vsw/view?usp=sharing

Last seen on 19:35, 27. Mar 2024
Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@FlameGlares can you send…
Tue, 02/27/2024 - 14:51

@FlameGlares can you send your discord name?