Blockly editor breaks when procedure is too big (CLOSED)

Started by MargoxaTheGamer on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 14:53, 23. Aug 2023
Joined Jan 2021
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Blockly editor breaks when procedure is too big (CLOSED)
Sun, 10/10/2021 - 15:19 (edited)

I decided to make a forge mod in MCreator 2020.5 for 1.15.2 (I also tried on the newest snapshot of Mcreator and it happens anyway), a mod that adds a new block, when you right click on it, it runs a procedure, that generates a big structure made of many different pieces(like village, mansion or mineshaft, that are genereting piece by piece), part of it differs depending on the biome, where block was right-clicked. At some point I started seeing this instead of my procedure in blockly editor:

But it renders properly in the "edit code" mode:

And when I run minecraft with this mod and try to right click on the block it executes the procedure properly. The only problem is with how it looks in blockly editor.

Workspace

Edited by MargoxaTheGamer on Sun, 10/10/2021 - 15:19
Last seen on 07:57, 6. Jun 2021
Joined Oct 2018
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
yeah its a big issue, thats…
Sat, 04/03/2021 - 14:18

yeah its a big issue, thats why i reccomend to reduce a lot procedures because its laggy in-game too!

Last seen on 14:53, 23. Aug 2023
Joined Jan 2021
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The more I work on my mod,…
Sat, 10/09/2021 - 10:26

The more I work on my mod, the more I notice, that it doesn't even depend on the procedure size or type. It just randomly gets corrupted like 6 times in a row. I always export it and delete and create and import. It's very annoying. I can't even make any progress, because some procedures are always getting corrputed for some reason.

Last seen on 14:53, 23. Aug 2023
Joined Jan 2021
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Even the small ones. I think…
Sat, 10/09/2021 - 10:30

Even the small ones. I think I'll need to say about this on github.

Last seen on 13:52, 9. Oct 2021
Joined Oct 2021
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i have this issue too and i…
Sat, 10/09/2021 - 13:50

i have this issue too and i have reported it as a separate one, didn't know this already exists

Last seen on 14:53, 23. Aug 2023
Joined Jan 2021
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Because of this bug, I…
Sat, 10/09/2021 - 16:02

Because of this bug, I couldn't edit the procedure in the blockly editor, so I had to complete it in the code editor myself. I hope, it will be fixed.

Last seen on 14:53, 23. Aug 2023
Joined Jan 2021
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It's not going to be fixed…
Sun, 10/10/2021 - 13:34

It's not going to be fixed. We just have to deal with it.

Last seen on 00:15, 24. May 2024
Joined Dec 2021
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
¤
Sat, 04/30/2022 - 16:00

¤

Last seen on 14:53, 23. Aug 2023
Joined Jan 2021
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
For anyone who also has this…
Sat, 07/29/2023 - 16:16

For anyone who also has this issue(I know it's been a while since I wrote here):

It seems that when this happens, in some cases, when I look in the code of the procedure that doesn't show in the blockly editor, the paragraphs between the ";" signs just disappear and everything turns into one line, usually multiple mashed code lines, which is weird, but at least it's not that hard to guess where to press "Enter", when trying to restore the procedure(by code-locking it), because of that syntax mark.
So it can be fixed by simply seperating all these mashed lines of code, but it requires you to code-lock the procedure, also you can remake it from scratch.
It can happen to procedure of any size, type or complexity, so I guess I'm gonna hold onto these two options, until I find something better. It's not like I was closing MCreator with procedures opened, they just work normally, and then suddenly break in the background.