Two animations for one Mob?

Started by Heizer06 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:00, 26. Mar 2022
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Two animations for one Mob?
Hey, sorry I don't want this question to make it to long, but is there a way to make two Animations for one Mob?
So I make a Frog and want it to jump on the Land and in the Wather it should swim. AND also, Idk if it works, but did it work to make a Mob swimming in the Wather and running on the Land, that means that it would be a Wather and a Land Mob? That was the first question,
and the second is: How to make two animations for one Mob and how to "code" when the Mob should use which of thees Animations?!
This was my question, hope you understand and might help me!

Also sorry for my bad English :P
Last seen on 00:23, 6. Nov 2023
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i mean if you're using…
Sat, 04/03/2021 - 06:53

i mean if you're using geckolib (which I assume because this is under java help) then it's simple, if you make 2 animations and export the file, both animations are contained in that one file, and also, there are procedures to use the animations.

Last seen on 02:05, 2. Jul 2021
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
im tired of people keep…
Sat, 04/03/2021 - 07:19

im tired of people keep saying geckolib. Geckolib is no longer supported in newer mcreator its hard to animate since its not longer supported and the animation tab is simple so the only way is to code it but I dont know how what the float,f1,f2 or any of that means when you edit your entity

Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Dude sorry, but I think you…
Mon, 04/05/2021 - 13:35

Dude sorry, but I think you're not up to date. You can see in the second massage from Anomaly the Link to the plugin. With that Plugin you can import animations from BlockBench to MCreator. There are also procedurs only for the GeckoLib Plugin to make them to overwrite them on the mobs or creatures. Thats for: Geckolib is no longer supported in newer mcreator...

Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ok but I still don't know…
Mon, 04/05/2021 - 14:03

Ok but I still don't know how to do it. I want to make a frog and when it is in the Water it should use a swim animation, but on the land it should jump around. Do you know how to do it?

My idea was to make the Normal frog as the Frog i want, and than make another one, that should spawn when the Frog enters the Water, so that his position and the animations are different. That should work with the Tiggers despawn entity and spawn entity (at this part for example:  spawn - custom: WaterFrog)

Did it work? If you don't know, then let me know , because than I'll try it myselve, but if you know it, pleas tell me, cause if you know it, why should I try it myselv and put a lot of work in it. Hope you understand me and might can help me! :)

also sorry for my bad english! :P