In case a moderator have time these are my struggles in modding summarized

Started by MD91 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 10:46, 28. Nov 2021
Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
In case a moderator have time these are my struggles in modding summarized
Tue, 11/16/2021 - 15:55 (edited)

So what is my mod project about?

I add new types of villagers. Girls. Because they are intended as villagers, I use the offered base AI of villagers Mcreator have build in. My mobs are tagged as monsters and should be able to attack an attacking entity like Zombies. But I know everything about the vanilla villagers and I want to have my girl have the same properties like the vanilla have But with followed add ons: (Things on top of the list are more important now)

1 set the sound pitch to a constant value in this case 1. This is the only value to use for an entity. Also I wanna use for each entity separately.

2 I'd like to be able to certain a sleeping time, (working time and gathering time as well)

3 add Profession (-Sagittarius shooting on zombies at night and on any illagers on raids and -Defenders who neutralize this targets in close combat) Both groups are night active, other sleep and work time like the default.

4 add products. E.G. the farmer in vanilla villages gives food before the breeding. So each profession of the girls should result in a crafted item, if I add these items.

5 consume products. Especially food, and also potions for the defending people, who take damage in mobfights.

6 exchange resources while gathering. Also empty glass bottles plays a role, because they should refilled to new potions.

7 A remainder after the hero of the village effect had expired. Especially trade advantages, protection from the girls, if a skeleton shoots on the player or if the player got attacked by an enderman.

8 add the home shedule like minecraft bedrock has, butis not given in java minecraft.

These are all my struggles for now. What ever I can rule in procedure blocks, I run it there, what possible, but I'm ready to learn how to code, so I am open to both. But I need to know the way how its possible.  I gave my girl sleeping sounds. If she sleeps, I hear a relaxing sleep sound. But unfortunally with an annoying pitch. this is why all other sounds are returned null

I see a way how I could reach the 7 goals on top. The Vanilla codes! Because they are already given in Vanilla and well developed by mojang and covers everything I like to implement in the mod.

For 1, I imported soundEngine.class There I tried with @Override

private static final float PITCH_MIN = 1.0F;
   private static final float PITCH_MAX = 1.0F;

and something else, I don't know no more, but got errors. Especially "illegal start of…" and "cant find symbol." I undoned the codes, so I don't have them anymore. But what I am doing wrong?

For 2, I think I need to write an extention class, like abstract villager is. Do I? Right there I need to set up the sleeping and the working time.

For 3, Do I need a specified Block like the farmer has his composter where he's going to? If yes, I can organize strategies for the defense of the village. Also I need to get rid with the panic goal against Zombies and pillagers. At least in the mob fighter groups. I also consider to use parts of the vidicator.class including the armposes, but using a sword instead of an axe. But is there a way to combine both AIs each other or do I need to code something else?

For 4, If I trade with the girls and they improved themselfs, heres one example what I intend to happen the weapon smith: In the first trades she just can provide stone swords. But If she gets from novice to a better rank, she get provide iron or gold swords. The better she is, the better the weapons she can give the defender girls, for their combat. For the fletcher, I want to sell her a crossbow. After I did, she shall provide crossbows herself for the Sagittarius.

For 5, Food shall just be eaten, which can restore their health. So I need to get rid with the breeding after eating.

You know if I am finally able to deal this stuff here, I think I'm gonna write some tutorials as well. Because I had seen, I'm not the only one who wants to add this, I saw similar Topic, which have a similar goals, but there are no tutotrials, how to do this. Who ever helps me, he gets credited in a tutorial and gets credited in the mod. Because I wound forget a helpers name.

Edited by MD91 on Tue, 11/16/2021 - 15:55
Unfortunately, both mob AI…
Thu, 11/18/2021 - 19:48

Unfortunately, both mob AI and code are not my strong points and I struggle myself with much simplier tasks than what you try to find out : / the only advanced tutorial I remember on similar stuff (trading) is here, but I dunno if it can help you in any way.

Although I wish you luck and let my comment be kind of "bump" for you, so maybe someone will have a clue. You can probably also visit some modded Discords and ask for this problem, so people can help you with actual code/bugs. For example you can visit Sajevius' Modding Lair or MCToolkit one (the first one is my friends' mod-related server, and the second one is dedicated to MCreator modding and it is much more active than this forum).

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks for the answer Toma…
Sat, 11/20/2021 - 10:48

Thanks for the answer Toma. I appreciate it.  Sajevius' Modding Lair there are no diamonds. The 3rd link, I joined the server and I look around there and I will see, where I can ask my request.

Easy

Oh, I see, it somehow merged…
Sat, 11/20/2021 - 11:41

Oh, I see, it somehow merged links in Sajevius' Modding Lair, sorry. This is correct one: discord.gg/kBEr693YVn
Wishing you good luck with finding out how to solve the issues!

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I am online there as well…
Sat, 11/20/2021 - 13:47

I am online there as well now. Thank you Toma.