Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Add the ability to move mod elements through the workspace

Its kind of annoying not being able to move mod elements through the workspace. So I would like to suggest that when clicking and holding a mod element it can be moved around the workspace, this includes re-organizing mod elements and moving mod elements in/out of folders.

Last seen on 15:49, 18. Feb 2024
Joined Sep 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Actually you can change an…
Fri, 12/03/2021 - 09:49

Actually you can change an element's path inside the .mcreator file. Try it!

Last seen on 00:34, 20. Aug 2023
Joined Mar 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think OP meant inside the…
Thu, 12/16/2021 - 17:24

I think OP meant inside the app.

It is possible to move…
Sat, 12/25/2021 - 09:53

It is possible to move elements in and out, just click elements double and drag. It needs a bit of training, but works flawlessly once it's mastered ;)

Last seen on 18:22, 20. Aug 2023
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It is possible to move…
Sun, 01/02/2022 - 08:59

It is possible to move elements in and out, just click elements double and drag. It needs a bit of training, but works flawlessly once it's mastered ;)

Toma thats scuffed, if it requires training to do then it doesn't work properly. I don't want to fight MCreator to be able to change where a mod element is located, it feels tedious and annoying since unless you go through the files the only other way is to accept it or delete the element and remake it.

I was kinda joking, because…
Sun, 01/02/2022 - 17:57

I was kinda joking, because yeah, I feel that it's tedious and I'm not happy about it either, but not much we can do about it. And honestly, if I would choose between new features for MCreator or making this feature easier, I'd choose features.

Dragging is a bit tough, I agree, but it is a matter of time you will use it without too much struggle after all (I get used to it after a week or two).
And you need to drag only if you created workspace before 2021.1, or if you created element somewhere by mistake - so it's not that often to feel like it is wasting your time several times a week, for example.

I can point that issue out to MCreator devs, but I will tell about it more as a community feedback from us.