Creating a testing biome, how to make custom trees grow in custom dirt/block?

Started by cynicsmii on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 07:37, 12. Dec 2021
Joined Dec 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Creating a testing biome, how to make custom trees grow in custom dirt/block?

Hello, on a spur I've finally gotten into modding, but I ran into an odd issue that regular trees could not grow in my basically customized decked out grass block. So now I'm making my own trees, and don't understand how to make it assigned to my block!

Other questions:
- How to control the pure amount of trees/make it a VERY crowded with trees biome
- Variation of foliage, such as bushes, flowers (ex. wither rose) and other things.
- How to add dips and holes into a biome? these would lead to caves or "death pits" as i like to coin them. 
- Lower custom music volume? I put it in and it was unintentionally VERY loud, even with most if not everything turned down very low. 
- even if something is set to random to happen VERY VERY LOW, it happens quite frequently, why would this happen? i do not know much about this system so i use the template apply to randomize 70% and make it very low, but it still happens very frequently.

sorry if these aren't possible or very obvious! thank you for any help :)

Last seen on 18:15, 15. Feb 2022
Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Here is a Tutorial on how to…
Mon, 12/06/2021 - 19:00

Here is a Tutorial on how to create custom trees. And try to not ask to much question at a time it will be difficult to respond you can just create new topict for you other questions.

https://youtu.be/7I4eVhIpsco

Last seen on 14:46, 22. Jan 2022
Joined Aug 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Just Create A New Tag Called…
Fri, 12/10/2021 - 23:47

Just Create A New Tag Called Dirt, So Set Its Namespace To Forge And Add Your Custom Dirt