End-like generation has bedrock ceiling, lava floor, and overworld aquifer generation

Started by StoneBana on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 06:53, 15. Dec 2021
Joined Apr 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
End-like generation has bedrock ceiling, lava floor, and overworld aquifer generation

Whenever creating a dimension with end-like generation, it always generates with a bedrock roof and lava floor, like the nether. However, it also seems to have overworld aquifer generation, even though I have the dimension liquid set to air. There are two biomes in the dimension, "The_End" from vanilla, and a custom dimension with trees and all of the biome default features disabled.

I cannot find this issue anywhere else, and I am running Mcreator 2021.3.

Normal end terrain, but with bedrock in the sky and a horrible mix of lava and water on the floor.

I confirm this problem. Most…
Wed, 12/15/2021 - 01:46

I confirm this problem. Most of what you explained is due to the imitate overworld parameter. When you check it, it will in fact disable them and when it's unchecked, it will enable them (except for the entity generation that works as it should). However, concerning the problem with the ceiling, I've no idea. :/ We will try to fix both in an upcoming patch. If you want to follow the progress of the bug, you can check this PR.

Joined Apr 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you for responding-…
Wed, 12/15/2021 - 01:54

Thank you for responding- The odd thing is, "Imitate overworld behavior" is unchecked, the only two things checked are "can player respawn here" and "disable ambient light source".Settings menu.

Joined Apr 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Oh sorry, I misread what you…
Wed, 12/15/2021 - 01:57

Oh sorry, I misread what you typed. I'll try enabling it and see if that fixes it!

Joined Apr 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you, toggling that…
Wed, 12/15/2021 - 02:01

Thank you, toggling that setting fixed the issue, though obviously also enabled the sun and moon- and the bedrock ceiling does remain. Thanks anyways, I hope this gets fixed soon.

As I said, checking this…
Wed, 12/15/2021 - 02:36

As I said, checking this check box will fix the bug, but other things will also work as they should. The PR is already ready to be reviewed, so if nothing has to be changed, it should be merged tomorrow. However, before releasing a patch, we will need to get more info on this and why it happens. Then, we'; ll be able to fix it and if no other problems are found (or need to be fixed), Klemen will release a patch a bit later.