Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Tellow Biomes development sneakpeaks and feedback

This is the connected-forum topic of Tellow Biomes, where I will show progress on the latest update and get feedback on updates and changes that should be made with the mod.

Last seen on 02:26, 7. Aug 2023
Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
**Updating to 1.18 in…
Mon, 02/21/2022 - 23:55

**Updating to 1.18 in Release 1.1. I will be removing Amythetical and Fori highlands because of new generation and in 1.16.5 they just don't look good due to floating stuctures on their edges.

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Lush Desert (Palm Wood type…
Wed, 02/23/2022 - 04:28

Lush Desert

Lush Desert (Palm Wood type not complete) 

Aurora Forest

Aurora Forest end biome (Aurora wood type not complete)

Every biome in 1.1 so far (Not all pictures will be shown)

Aurora Forest

Red Desert

Rocky Desert

Red Rocky Desert

Lush Desert

Red Lush Desert

Planned (Not final- might not ever be added for not be added until later)

Black Desert (Black sand and sandstone family) (includes rocky and lush) (3 biomes)

Blue Desert (Blue sand and sandstone family) (Includes rocky and lush)   (3 biomes)

Some sort of blue fori forest that used wetheral stone as well but different trees

Volcanic wastes (Excuse to use nether fossils in a biome bc they cool) 

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
  1.1 will take a while…
Wed, 02/23/2022 - 04:29

1.1 will take a while. Scope creep. I think I have all I want in it now but it is a lot and the more ideas I get the more out of control it gets.

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Aqoi Forest is nearly done!…
Mon, 03/07/2022 - 03:55

Aqoi Forest is nearly done! Aqoi Wood Type needs finishing and I need a new stone type thats like a blue counterpart to brimstone (This is the blue Fori Forest after all) I'm pretty happy with the textures I've done here, but if you find any major flaws I'll see what I can do.

aqoi

I'm trying to wrap up as quick as I can seeing as 1.18 is looming over (Which is a good thing) and I'd like to update Tellow Biomes to the modern version as quick as I can. Hell maybe if the update makes the mod good enough I can be the first 1.18 MOTW (If people stop being legitimately talented and making quality mods that actually deserve MOTW lol.)

Things left:

Finish every wood type

Make Codename: BlueBrimstone

Finish Volcanic Wastes (The wastes are fine, but the volcanoes are not fun.)

Crafting Recipes

Release all that as 1.1 snapshot 1

--------------------------------------------

Black and blue sand types and desert types - (This will not be in the first 1.1 snapshot.)

As for 1.2 - I don't think Ima add any new biome types for this one. I'm toying with the idea of "Old_Blank" As a version of a vanilla / TB biome but with bigger trees. But other then that, I want to make a mob or two and get a slue of new building blocks added that are variants of vanilla ones (EXAMPLES: Cobblestone Bricks, Obsidian Bricks, Sandstone bricks for every type, Terracotta bricks- might avoid that one that would be an absolute pain to do whenever theres loads of mods that already do it) and a big procedurally generated undergrown dungeon. For this I'm thinking of doing structure "chunks" which attach to eachother in a certain way and use procedures since I'm trying to get better at them to randomly generate each chunk in a good order. But before that I want to finish this update. Might not even do what I just mentioned because I'm not experienced in the slightest and I don't feel like taking 3 months for 1 feature when this update is taking like 1.5 months without breaking new grounds for me.

Sorry for the rant, I'll be surprised if anyone is reading this. Thank you for downloading and playing Tellow Biomes. It means the world to me, and I'd like to continue making my passion project bigger and better for the foreseeable future.

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
so much for finishing…
Sun, 03/13/2022 - 05:42

so much for finishing quickly after 1.18 i still have loads of work for the first snapshot and my friend started a hypixel smp which I've done nonstop for 2 days now

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
All wood types are done,…
Tue, 03/15/2022 - 02:45

All wood types are done, though not all crafting recipes for them all. 1.1 adds 3 wood types.all woods

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
First snapshot is out…
Fri, 03/18/2022 - 03:41

First snapshot is out. Changelog is in the mods page. I didn't add any recipes or that blue brimstone, but the bulk of it is there.

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
** What I have discussed…
Mon, 03/21/2022 - 23:23

** What I have discussed previously about 1.2 will be postponed until 1.3 or further due to my everlasting drive for nether biomes. I want to add a load in 1.2 once the ability too is released.

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Tellow Biomes plans: Ride…
Wed, 03/23/2022 - 04:53

Tellow Biomes plans: Ride these 2 new biome capabilities out. SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

1.2 = Nether Overload part 1 - 9 nether biomes

1.3 = Nether Overload part 2 - 6 nether biomes

1.4 = Spacious Caverns part 1 - 7 cave biomes (I'm pretty sure cave biomes are planned for 2022.1. Idk if this is final or not so 1.4 and 1.5)

1.5 = Spacious Caverns part 2 - 5 cave biomes

1.6 = Original 1.2 idea :/

Black sand has been created in the next snapshot. I am skipping out on blue sand but in turn making another end biome with an orange woodtype as replacement. I believe this is a good choice because black sand itself is already stretching it in terms of biomes that are too "fluff."

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Black sand it being…
Wed, 03/23/2022 - 15:46

Black sand it being cancelled for the same reason blue sand is, and the fact we are no where near lacking black blocks. You see, maybe in 1.15 or something this would be warranted, but in 1.16.5 without mods, we have all the blackstone, the black wool, concrete, powder, and terracotta, and with Tellow Biomes you get the Ebony Woodtype and Volcanic Rock. Black sand would just artificially extend the biome and block count without being unique and adding anything new to the table. Plus, staples like Biomes o' Plenty and Oh the Biomes You'll Go already have black sand and I'm trying to be just a little unique with this mod. 

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
There will be another end…
Wed, 03/23/2022 - 21:53

There will be another end biome to make up for the lack of black and blue deserts but I'm skipping out on the orange woodtype so I can use it for the nether.

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
End Biome will probably be…
Wed, 03/23/2022 - 21:53

End Biome will probably be like some lush rocky landscape based of Korull Mossy Endstone

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ima be blunt I did not…
Thu, 03/24/2022 - 17:50

Ima be blunt I did not expect anyone to actually stumble upon this changelog lmao

Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
 I will postpone updating to…
Sun, 03/27/2022 - 01:12

I will postpone updating to 1.18 but instead update to 1.17 with update 1.1. This is so I don't risk having the mod break with a snapshot.