In need of an experienced modder/maybe coder

Started by CaptainShark on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 06:33, 8. May 2024
Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
In need of an experienced modder/maybe coder
Wed, 06/08/2022 - 04:27 (edited)

I seem to keep running into new problems with things I am trying to learn. I've tried looking at tutorials but often the creator just skips ahead a few folders/locations and I instantly get lost and confused.

If you manually edit the code in mcreator do you need to download anything else? ( Other than Forge/minecraft/blockbench/mcreator ). I am willing to learn the basics of coding to solve my issues but I need a more personal guide rather than a generic youtube video.

Just a few of the things I am trying but can't figure out ( maybe it needs coding? ): Better animation movement, for example one of my custom mobs back legs move in a rather comedic way which was not the ideal result. I also have slime mobs that I want to make jump instead of sliding around the floor. Another being making larger structures than just 16 by 16 due to chunk loading issues.

So pretty much if you know the answers/are able to be used for more questions/ simplify the steps/coding for a very new modder either let me know here or feel free to send a message ( assuming you can do that on here lmao )

Edit: Also with the next minecraft update coming out I assume it needs the next forge version. Since I am new to all this I have no idea how you go about updating mods

Edited by CaptainShark on Wed, 06/08/2022 - 04:27
Last seen on 11:34, 9. Oct 2022
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I can even though i'm 1 week…
Fri, 07/15/2022 - 14:02

I can even though i'm 1 week older than you on this platform.. I love to help solve problems

Last seen on 06:17, 5. May 2024
Joined Jan 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
About that legs... did you…
Fri, 09/01/2023 - 19:11

About that legs... did you check if the pivot of each leg group is placed correctly?