Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
My Problems with MCreator.

So about 2 years ago I decided to start making a SpongeBob mod for Minecraft, my brother had already introduced me to MCreator before, so that's what I decided to use. Everything was smooth sailing... until 2021.2. I had noticed that 4 of my mobs said that they weren't compiled correctly, even though everything was all right before. Then when I updated more, everything went wrong. First, everything I made besides like 5 food items basically disappeared. They would still show up on the workspace but couldn't be opened. Second, the whole mod was in 1.14. 4. But with the new update you couldn't go back that far. Someone in the replies of one of my posts told me to go back to MCreator 2021.1, but you can't even open it if you go back because it says "This workspace you are trying to open was previously open in a newer version of MCreator! You can't open this workspace in newer versions. Please update your MCreator to the latest version." Which of course I can't do, because it's all broken! I uploaded a showcase video of the mod on YouTube right, and there were a bunch of comments saying stuff like "Where's the link?" and "When is it coming out?" And I really want to finish it, but I can't! And this wasn't a small mod, I had tons of food, blocks, and like 50 mobs. I was really passionate on this mod and work on it almost every day. Sad how just updating this software would break the entire thing. Would not recommend.

When you have a problem like…
Mon, 09/05/2022 - 00:11

When you have a problem like this one, please open a bug report on the tracker, so we can help you until we fix the bug. Concerning opening back your workspace in an older version, you simply need to take and use the backup file MCreator makes each time you change the version. It is located inside the ".mcreator" folder of your workspace' s folder.

In 2021.3, we merged the food mod element inside the item mod element, so this is the reason they have "disappeared" (they have been automatically converted to items).