Help with World Generation & Dimensions

Started by Withie The Cryptid on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:57, 27. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Help with World Generation & Dimensions

So I have numerous things I need help with, specifically with making biomes and dimensions (I swear MCreator used to have a more diverse array of options for dimensions and biomes in it's earlier builds but I guess they thought they were too complicated?). So I'll go through them 1 by 1.

1. I need help making Villages more common in a dimension and/or biome

2. Even on the lowest setting, trees show up EVERYWHERE. Is there a way to make it so trees only spawn every couple dozen chunks or so like in the Plains biome?

3. Is there a way to make it so that biomes spawn with no lakes, oceans or rivers?

4. Why all the pigs? No matter what I do the biome is always filled to the brim with pigs and I have no idea why. I never made it so they could spawn there but there's more pigs than there are mobs that I wanted to spawn!

I'm using the version for 19.2 because the MCreator devs hate older versions for some reason and I don't wanna be using software that's gonna be outdated next week.

I've also scoured the code over and over again and can't find anything that can help me.

Last seen on 17:34, 2. Oct 2023
Joined Dec 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
1.) Someone more experienced…
Sat, 11/26/2022 - 20:19

1.) Someone more experienced with Coding or procedures, if possible with procedures, is more suitable answering the first question.

2.) Your biome is likely not generating properly (thanks to minecraft changing the way their biome generation works) so odds are your plains-like biome isn't actually generating, rather, attempting to generate but failing or generating wrong. MCreator Devs are looking into it to hopefully make the Biome feature better.

3.) Try setting the base height of your biome higher than your biome height variation, it might take tinkering with these 2 settings. Because of the nature of rivers, they will generate in or at the edge of your biome regardless of if you want them to or not as that's just how they work.

4.) Different biomes have different entity spawn weights. If you want to override all the pigs, add pigs into your biomes entity spawning and set their weight to an appropriate setting. IF this doesn't work, try placing biome tags on your biome. MCreator added an assortment of vanilla tags relating to biomes, you can also make vanilla tags for biome types that MCreator doesn't have, you can find a full list of biome tags from minecraft's files in their version.jar files or you can just google a list of tags. 

Sometimes you gotta tinker with things you don't quite understand until you get the desired effect.