Joined Dec 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
new feature : mob / creature who only spawn in structures

Okay, currenty, you can only make a mob spawn in certains dimension, or biome.

Imagine that an 3rd option, is, the mob spawn in only certains structure, that's would be so munch helpful, and faster for doing stuff like Boss, etc.

for content :D 

Last seen on 20:43, 20. Aug 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I haven't found an easy way…
Mon, 01/02/2023 - 17:08

I haven't found an easy way to do this with code; but there is an even simpler solution. I'm working on a mod that overhauls vanilla structures, and this was a problem I was having: getting custom mobs to spawn around structures that respawn them, such as pillager towers. 

Anyways, it literally occured to me that the easiest way to do this was to just make a custom block that spawns mobs nearby when randomly ticked. For the surface world you can just make a procedure that chooses a random value in your desired range; and then spawns mobs at world surface height, plus that number to the x and z values of the block. It's a little trickier if you want to do this underground, but still fairly straightforward.

Last seen on 20:42, 15. Aug 2024
Joined Sep 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If you want a limited amount…
Mon, 01/16/2023 - 17:28

If you want a limited amount of mobs in you structure, you could just make the structure count entities (but no more will spawn tho). This is probably better choice for villages but anything else follow the top message.

Last seen on 18:40, 4. Jul 2024
Joined Oct 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
if you use structure blocks,…
Mon, 01/23/2023 - 18:35

if you use structure blocks, you could check the box "Keep entities", and it should work. I havent tested it, but it should work.