Biome Height Issues

Started by shuv on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 00:26, 11. Mar 2023
Joined Jul 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Biome Height Issues

2 years ago, I found about MCreator and I got really interested in it. I made a biome mod for mountains and this time I am trying to recreate it since I lost the original project file and workspace. I set the Biome Base Height to the max (10) and variation to max too (2) yet the biome is spawning at places like Y64, yet the original mod went almost to the max Minecraft building height. I cannot figure out how to make the biome bigger and taller, it keeps spawning little 5 block mountains meanwhile the entire biome is flat. I appreciate any help. I cannot find any forum post about this so I decided to post this one.

Last seen on 10:28, 22. Oct 2023
Joined Feb 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think it's a problem with…
Thu, 02/23/2023 - 13:21

I think it's a problem with MCreator or Forge.

In 2022.3 release, no changes between Biome base height = 0, -5, and -10. But also, I made a biome for my dimension, this shape was as same as it in overworld.

In 2023.1 snapshot, Biome Generation tab was changed to Generation and climate, but it was also as same as overworld even continentalness was lower than deepocean.

By the way, in older versions for 1.18.2, I could make a completely flat biome with negative base height and a fluid block as same as the main filler block of the dimension.