Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator
SO this is something I just came up with (go figure) and if you don't want to read the whole thing (it'll be long,) I'm not making you. (If you want to read the whole thing, gold star.) And Klemen, this is something I hope you'll see. Also, I am pushing myself to come up with at least 3 good reasons each idea should be implemented. Well, let's dive in...
- The first thing? Texture packs. Other sites such as MCPEDL lets you submit texture packs (I'm gonna abreviate as TP to save time) when creating a mod, I would like an option to be TP. I think this would be a great thing to add, as it would a) add yet another reason to get MCreator, b) add more variety to MCreator, and c) let people express their take on MC and share it with the community.
- Lets move on to... Editing? For those of us who have trouble with code (like me) and/or have trouble following tutorials, this would be a great feature. I've actually had this idea for a while. Heres how it would work. Say you want to make a crossbow, or tweak the fishing rod. Well, you'd be able to open up add new mod element, select edit an existing feature, open, say crossbow, and duplicate it. This new duplicate would function exactly the same, and already have the code, letting the user go in and tweak it to make their own, new crossbow. This would also let the user edit existing items, like
getting rid of the netherite hoe because it's just so uselessediting fishing rods. This would be a good idea because a) it would let users add a new level of creativity to MCreator, b) let users who struggle with code and such easily get what they need, and c) add an overall enjoyable experiance to MCreator.
- Now, lets talk about custom presets. I said a bit about this in one of my other topics (Petition to add new MCreator Elements!) but I'll say more here. Say you're creating a mod, and for every single new material you make, you want to add a scythe or a dagger or whatnot. Well, to save time, when creating a pack, you would be able to add custom presets. For example (and I'll list as much presets as I can think of after said example,) you make a tool pack. It would say, "Include tool/weapon presets?" Well, if selected, it would ask what to add. For weapons/tools: Scythes, Daggers, Broadswords, Shortswords, Maces, Flails, Sickles, Polearms, Battleaxes, Spears, Katanas, and any other tools or weapons you'd like to see! (Answer in comments what those are!) For armors: Horned helmets, heavy armor, reinforced armor, spiked chestplate, elytra chestplate, gauntlets, and more! (Comment what you'd like to see.) As for the others.. New pack types! Stones, which would come with Bricks, Smooth, Stair, Wall, Slab, Vertical Slab, and Carved varients! (Note stairs and slabs would come in smooth and brick types as well.) This would be good because a) it adds a new level of creativity, b) it enhances and speeds up mod making (which is good when you have a great idea you want to capture before it dissapears,) and c) it fits with the theme of MCreator, which is all about creativity.
- Next we turn to Entities. So...
- In-app animator for entities. This would be good for people (like me) who don't want to use plugins because they have access to your whole computer! If you can fix that, PLEASE DO!!!!
- Well, I just want to add that it would be nice to have some clarity for the place people sit in entities. What are we supposed to name the bone? (If you use Blockbench, you'll know what I mean)
- I think this would be good because... a) it would add clarity to making entities, b) it would help people make entities easier and with less aprehension, and c) MAKE PEOPLE LESS APREHENSIVE ABOUT PLUGINS!!! (Sorry, I just feel really strongly about that one)
Well, in hindsight, this is shorter than I though it would be. Oh well. If you have any ideas, please comment them. And if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.
Thank you for reading this!
Oh and I just thought off something: Why can't I make armors in BE/PE mods? I wanted to make a PE mod but no-can do.
Okay, now I'm done for real. I'm gonna end this before I get another idea or question...
very interesting Ideas here!
The Part with the Editing is quite useful for me, because I struggle to find the correct code for something special (for example I want to add a Tooltip on the GUI...)
Also I made a Topic for GUI Features in MCreator!
Speaking of GUI's...
I have a new idea:
When creating a custom recipe, let the GUI's be in the recipe. For ecample: I made an infusing table, but I have to write a ton of code for it to work. Well, why can't I just go into recipes and choose infusing? To quote Bryony from Wings of Fire book 13, it's "truly epic nonsense."
AND I have another idea (I have a lot of those)
When creating a wood pack, add doors and trapdoors. This would help out a lot! Last time I tried to make a door, it gave me an error code.
Do you know that you can make an custom recipe type for your custom Block?
New idea: When creating an item, have it ask "Is this item dyable?" If you check it off, it will create dyed varients with recolored textures for each dye color
speaking of wood packs: boats would be a nice addition...
Check the Tutorial on Youtube. This explains very well how to make a custom Recipe Type.