User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have a problem with Geckolib animated block
Tue, 02/28/2023 - 22:17 (edited)

I wanted to make a block that has animation so I downloaded Geckolib plugin. I made my animation in Blockbench and imported it into animations folder that I created. I used the new element that Geckolib adds. Its called "Animated block".   

The fist tab is like the normal mcreator block tab, but instead of normal selection of model, there you need to type the name of your .json model. I wanted to enter something like 'model.geo' (thats an example) but you cant type dots here. So I decided to just type the name of my model in animations folder but without .geo. It worked! But when I opened the world and placed this block the game crashed also it was without textures just 'purple-black' minecraft texture. Could someone help me?
Sorry for my bad English :/

Edited by Shegi on Tue, 02/28/2023 - 22:17
Last seen on 14:00, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Feb 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
First of all I need to know…
Sat, 03/11/2023 - 12:30

First of all I need to know which Version of MCreator do you use with Geckolib.

After that make sure that the Texture and the Animations are in the correct folder.

And check the associated Tutorial for your MCreator Version. This is important because 2022.3 and 2023.1 uses different methods how to use Geckolib. You can check the Tutorials if you open up the Plugin Page.

Common crash causes:

• You didn't create a GeckoLib model.
  • You enabled the head animation, but there is no group in your model that matches group name you provided
  • Your animation file name does not match your model name, or your model name does not match your animation name.
  • Your animations file has incorrect formatting. If you used the bedrock entity wizard or other model animating blockbench plugins, you likely have to make the animations again.
  • You used uppercase letters or spaces in the model name.
  • You placed your files in the wrong location. Check that the geo and animations folders are in the assets/yourmod'sID folder.