User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Mcreator Workspace Section spikes my CPU in 2023.1
Sat, 03/04/2023 - 19:22 (edited)

I'm using the latest version of Mcreator, 2023.1 on my Mac, and the main area of the workspace (including all tabs like mod elements, resources, etc.) spikes CPU usage up to 70-90% only when I click on things or interact with them. This means lag spikes that are so frequent they basically arent spikes but just constant lag which makes development clunky, to say the least. Using other buttons such as those on the top toolbar of mcreator do not demonstrate the same behavior, with tooltips that pop up as normal and functions that execute pretty much immediately.

Mcreator ordinarily sits around the lower spectrum, and I've never had such a massive issue like this before.

I'm running MacOS Monteray (12+) with an 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 processor. This happened on both todays official release and the couple snapshots that proceeded it. I tested it in an environment where nothing else was running. 

I do not recall this ever happening in earlier stable versions of the software, although I haven't run any recent trials.

Edited by ChainmailPickaxe on Sat, 03/04/2023 - 19:22
Last seen on 19:59, 3. Oct 2023
Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Update: Also happens in 2022…
Sat, 03/04/2023 - 23:40

Update: Also happens in 2022.3