Data pack validation failed keeps happening.

Started by Spiders_Are_Cool on

Topic category: Help with modding (Data Packs)

Last seen on 23:01, 7. May 2023
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Data pack validation failed keeps happening.

The data pack validation has failed many times. Whenever I create a new world, it pops up. I have already exported a save. In the old version, I deleted all the mod elements, and it still does not work. Can somebody help?

Last seen on 02:46, 24. Nov 2023
Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hey there, Having the same…
Mon, 06/05/2023 - 22:17

Hey there,

Having the same issue. Switched from 2022.2 to 2023.1.

I've already looked up other related topics but none of the solutions fixed my problem. It fixed only a few parts of it. 
I tried the following solutions:

• Deleting custom fluids in the old version and then recreating them in the newer version
  • Reimported the workspace on a few ways (also the one you describe)
  • deleted problematic biomes that caused worldgen error (only visisble in 2022.2 for me). But wasn't able to fix it even by deleting the biomes completely. There was no specific _modifier.json for the biomes that I can delete.
  • recreated (an deleted some of them) every block or structure that is being generated
  • looked through every mod element to see if there are missing dependencies or mod elements

Currently I don't have any errors left in the console except for "Data Pack validation failed!". Still can't create a new world.
The only solution I found is to make a brand new workspace (except for only a few ressources).

My guess is that this is releated to the fact that the generation of the world got changed dramatically (e.g. new cave system) within vanilla.