Making Ocean Biomes in 2023.1?

Started by Cozmos on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:15, 30. Jun 2023
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Making Ocean Biomes in 2023.1?

So i have a mod with oceans. they were annoying to work with in 2022.3, spawning "islands" that i didn't want, so i updated to 2023.1 in hopes that it would be a little easier to create oceans. however, now they generate almost completely above sea level, far worse than the previous version. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to modify a biome so it's similar to an ocean. I've already tried negative erosion values and i cant think of any other parameter that would allow an ocean-like biome.

Last seen on 09:28, 16. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
this may be because the…
Wed, 05/17/2023 - 14:27

this may be because the world generation is changed i have the same problem with ocean biomes

Last seen on 06:06, 19. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
When making ocean biomes,…
Wed, 05/17/2023 - 15:50

When making ocean biomes, you must make the biome spawned in continental range -0.3 or below. to make it spawn frequent on oceans, set spawn weirdness to -0.5 to 0.5, Continental range -0.3 to -1, Temperature: 0.3 to 0.8 and erosion to -0.5 to 0.5. same values with vanilla values will have some conflicts and it will compete for the same spot, therefore they may not spawn or rarely spawn.

Last seen on 06:06, 19. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
and also make sure the…
Wed, 05/17/2023 - 15:58

and also make sure the biomes is damp (humidity: min 0.5, Max 1)

Last seen on 02:37, 13. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Adding my two cents in,…
Thu, 05/18/2023 - 02:43

Adding my two cents in, while I haven't played around with 2023.1 yet to see how different it may be, it seems like this is a problem with the vanilla game rather than being something MCreator can work around.

I've got a water dimension and struggled immensely trying to update it from 1.16 to 1.18 - while keeping it looking good.

To me, it seems like the way biome generation works now is that the structure of the world itself is no longer determined by biomes and instead is pre-determined. And biome generation settings now simply decide where in the world a biome should be placed, instead of causing the world itself to generate differently.

If you create a custom dimension with just one biome, you'll see that you still get mountains, valleys, plains, rivers, etc.

Even if you generate a single-biome world in vanilla, you get the same. A vanilla ocean world's terrain includes mountains, valleys, plains, rivers, and the like, despite it being considered an ocean biome.