Joined May 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to create custom dimension portal?

Hello, I am new to MCreator. I'm just getting started, and I am making some progress. I was wondering if there was a way to create your own portal outside of using the default nether portal-like option?

I was thinking of creating something similar to an end portal or the Twilight Forest portal and have it horizontal rather than vertical. I have a feeling something like this is possible, but I'm unsure what to do. Any tips, pointers, or tutorials?

Last seen on 01:59, 29. Mar 2024
Joined Jul 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yes, it's possible, but it's…
Thu, 06/22/2023 - 05:43

Yes, it's possible, but it's going to require a good amount of code. So first, here's an overview of how you do it:

Required: A procedure, a portal block, and a portal frame block

1. You need to first add a new procedure for every time the player places down a block.

2. The procedure will check if the block placed is a portal frame block. If so, it'll check for nearby blocks to see if there is a "portal shape" already made.

3. If the portal shape has been made, then the procedure will fill that portal frame with a portal block.

4. When the player touches the portal block, another procedure runs to send the player to the dimension.

If you want more specific help, let me know exactly what shape the portal is.

Last seen on 18:28, 30. Jul 2023
Joined May 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'll show the specifics of…
Sat, 06/24/2023 - 06:34

I'll show the specifics of the portals through either Instagram or Discord if you have either.

I'm new to coding, but I can so far read it and understand what it's trying to do, not so much how to write it.