[MCREATOR 2023.1][BUG] Skylight and daylight cycle in dimensions with ambient light and skylights disabled.

Started by FnaffyModMaker on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 22:38, 9. Jun 2023
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[MCREATOR 2023.1][BUG] Skylight and daylight cycle in dimensions with ambient light and skylights disabled.

When I create new dimensions with ambient light and/or skylights disabled , the dimension will  still have a sun and daylight cycle. Because of this, monster spawning and plant  is affected in ways that a Modder might not want. This issue only occurs in dimensions generated similar to the End and Overworld. I have confirmed that this is not a forge bug as I have used forge 43.2.0 for older versions of mcreator and have not encountered this issue, I have also confirmed that the settings I select for dimensions are in the generated code by looking at the "dimensionname.json".  

While blocks and entities are unlit, there is a skylight , causing very broken lighting. 

Please fix this in the full release of 2023.2 or tell me my mistake if possible.  I was not able to submit this as a ticket. 

Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I Cant find a setting with…
Thu, 06/01/2023 - 03:50

I Cant find a setting with that name in the "dimensioname.json",  and "has_skylight" is set to false.   Also this issue  happens in fresh addons with no settings like that changed. 

Is this a game setting? 

Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I did find  a parameter in…
Thu, 06/01/2023 - 03:54

I did find  a parameter in the dimesion.java file called DimensionSpecialEffects.SkyType.NORMAL 

. Maybe this is the issue 

Last seen on 05:01, 29. Jan 2024
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I was just looking this up…
Tue, 09/05/2023 - 13:58

I was just looking this up trying to disable the day night cycle in custom dimension, but I found this website that listed the parameters for DimensionSpecialEffects.SkyType.NORMAL. You might have more luck than me figuring it out lol https://nekoyue.github.io/ForgeJavaDocs-NG/javadoc/1.19.3/net/minecraft…