Some Questions I really wanna ask🥺

Started by Juudolf_ on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 04:51, 8. Jun 2023
Joined Jun 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Some Questions I really wanna ask🥺

I am new to modding (like 2 days ago), and I am really enjoying it so far.

Here's the questions that I have:

1. How do I make a Gui whenever I equip an armor piece? (Specifically, the helmet)
  (Context: I am making a knight armor set but the slit in the helmet is small and the player can still see normal, I want it to obstruct the user's vision)

2.How do I make a furnace block that has multiple inputs and outputs as well as a bar that lets you choose what temperature you want to cook at?
  (Context: I want to make knight armor with steel and steel requires burden(iron), coke(cooked charcoal), chromium, and sulfur (I have ores and textures for them done already) and when steel is produced, a small byproduct is made called 'Slag' which is waste material. It also needs to be cooked at 1900 Celsius so yea)

3. How do I make 3d modeled items?
  (I know how to use blockbench and import stuff but how do I put them in items (I know how to do them for armor though))

4. How do I edit items in the base Minecraft?
  (Context: I want to retexture chainmail armor and make diamond ore rarer)

5. How do I add injuries to the game such as cripple, wounds, and popped artery and make it so that the game requires you to take off your armor to heal or eat. (And an equip/unequip animation as well)

6. How do I add extra armor slots next to the one in the vanilla inventory.                                                                                                                                              (Conditions: - When Player has no armor equipped in the main slots, then he can equip them on the other slots             )
     (                     - When Player has armor in main slots, he can only equip chainmail, leather, etc. on the other armor slots.)

7. How do I give a player a custom book at the start of the world that guides them, unless they are in hard/hardcore.                                                                 (Context: There is an insane number of small details in my mod and all of them really needs to be compiled in a single book)

Any answer would really help a lot!!/

Last seen on 15:14, 20. Apr 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Most of those look hard to…
Fri, 06/02/2023 - 12:30

Most of those look hard to implement, but for number 1, you can create an overlay element with the base texture of what you want the screen to look like, then a display condition of(I am using (  ) to mark different attached procedure blocks):

(Return((item from armor slot (3) of (event/target entity)) = (your helmet))

use one of the blue return blocks, and the red equals block.  For your helmet, find a block that looks like a red square with a gray center(I think it is in minecraft components but I'm not positive)

Last seen on 04:51, 8. Jun 2023
Joined Jun 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks man! Really helped :>
Fri, 06/02/2023 - 18:07

Thanks man! Really helped :>

Last seen on 15:18, 21. Oct 2023
Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
very interesting questions…
Tue, 06/13/2023 - 20:59

very interesting questions... i have been modding for about a year now and cant even figure some of them out. good luck in your modding career!

Last seen on 07:27, 9. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
7. How do I give a player a…
Sat, 12/02/2023 - 05:12

7. How do I give a player a custom book at the start of the world that guides them, unless they are in hard/hardcore.     

A way I would do this is create an item that opens a GUI listing mod elements and create a procedure to give it to a player when they enter the world. Then attach this procedure to a gamerule so it can be switched on and off.

Last seen on 07:27, 9. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Also, if this is…
Sat, 12/02/2023 - 05:13

Also, if this is inconvenient, you can attach the GUI to a key bind.