"Your workspace contains mod elements that dont compile properly"

Started by kirya on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 07:24, 27. Jun 2023
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
"Your workspace contains mod elements that dont compile properly"

I'm making my own mod.And I also made a couple of GUIs for the block and the NPC. From time to time I get an error indicated in the name of the forum topic. I've been trying to find a solution for almost a week now but I can't find anything on my problem. Moreover, I noticed that the problem is with the GUI and nothing else. Screenshot of the problem below. What's happening in the console:

Executing Gradle task: build
Build info: MCreator 2023.2.24119, forge-1.19.4, 64-bit, 1931 MB, Windows 10, JVM 17.0.5, JAVA_HOME: C:\Program Files\Pylo\MCreator\jdk, started on: 2023-06-24-12:30:06

> Configure project :
The code of this workspace uses official obfuscation mappings provided by Mojang. These mappings fall under their associated license you should be fully aware of.
(c) 2020 Microsoft Corporation. These mappings are provided "as-is" and you bear the risk of using them. You may copy and use the mappings for development purposes,
but you may not redistribute the mappings complete and unmodified. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the mappings provided here.
Use and modification of this document or the source code (in any form) of Minecraft: Java Edition is governed by the Minecraft End User License Agreement available
at https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula.

> Task :compileJava
C:\MCreatorWorkspaces\lady_gaga_music_mod_beta\src\main\java\net\mcreator\ladygagamusicmodbeta\world\inventory\AmethystConverterMenu.java:131: error: Override is not a repeatable annotation type @Override
^
C:\MCreatorWorkspaces\lady_gaga_music_mod_beta\src\main\java\net\mcreator\ladygagamusicmodbeta\world\inventory\LadyTradeMenu.java:155: error: Override is not a repeatable annotation type @Override
^
2 errors
> Task :compileJava FAILED
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileJava'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.
* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.
* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
BUILD FAILED in 24s
1 actionable task: 1 executed

BUILD FAILED
Task completed in 17 minutes and 24 seconds

Last seen on 12:07, 24. Feb 2024
Joined Jun 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
After switching to 2023.2…
Sat, 06/24/2023 - 12:54

After switching to 2023.2.24119, this error began to appear pretty often with me too. Blocks and items did not compilate, but not the GUI. I can assume that the error appeared in this version, since I had never encountered it before the update.

The solution to this problem…
Sun, 06/25/2023 - 13:57

The solution to this problem and many other problems can be found in our knowledge base: https://mcreator.net/support/knowledgebase Please check the knowledge base before opening a new topic on the issue which has a known fix.