Two years ago I made a Minecraft mod for MCreator called End Biomes, it was okay. I liked a lot of the concepts but the whole thing was pretty buggy, the textures ranged from okay to hard to look at and most importantly, the biomes weren't actually in the End. A few months afterwards I started making textures and mock ups for an improved version that was more vanilla plus so after literal years of on-off work, here is Endless Biomes.
The mod contains three biomes which spawn in the End with vast empty spaces between them; biome blobs are about as rare as end cities, I think this will help preserve the sense of isolation and loneliness that people like. Each biome's main features are explained below.
This biome is based around resistance/strength. Everything from the leaves to the moss to the wood is tougher than normal; if you plan on getting of the wood from these tall forests, you'll need an axe to mine it, in fact it is also often quicker to strip the tough outer layer of the stem blocks and then mine it to get the wood. Some of the leaves glow, mine them to get endurians which give short bursts of resistance when eaten.
The vines in this biome spawn as rows disks dropping down from the leaf canopy with occasional bright bulbs on the end. When broken, these disks slowly float down and drop their throwable item form while the bulbs drop resistive grease which is a crafting ingredient used in a few recipes. There is a new mob in this biome too, the flying, armoured anklor which has a soft upper-belly meaning you need to attack it from above to damage it, use it's drops to craft anklor shell plates and from that craft the disks into a new frisbee weapon (I plan to build upon this in a future update) and smith iron into a new set of armour which makes you heavier. A lot of recipes and stuff I haven't mentioned here so JEI is definitely recommended.
Also you can craft penumbral disks with TNT and resistive grease to make frisboom disks (explosive projectiles)!
This biome is based around radioactivity (weird I know), it's a biome inspired by Australia's Purnululu national park with iceburg-esque bungles made of arkan (a new secondary stone block found commonly in the End). Around the central belts of the bungles, you'll find bright pink radon blocks which damage you as you get close. They damage you more as you get closer but thankfully, all arkan derived blocks will block the radiation, more specifically there has to be a straight line of sight between the centre of the player and the centre of the radon block for it to damage you.
Arkan is the block the new Bulwark structure is made of; the structure has two new summonable golem-like mobs called sentinels made from arkan and provides interesting rewards like an item which can teleport you out of the void and a chestplate enchantment like thorns but it teleports enemies away. Radon sentinels are healed by nearby radon blocks and have their own radon attack if they don't hit you for 3 seconds.
A lot of people like the idea of an upside down biome in the End, it would be appropriately strange and leads to some interesting and fun gameplay but to me, upside down isn't enough, the twisted reef has plants which grow in every direction. The biome itself is based around teleportation with big floaty cubes made of coral that go all the way to y = 255. The higher you climb in the biome, the more likely you'll find riftite crystals and shiftling mobs.
Shiftlings are small, shrill, neutral and curious creatures which teleport entities when they attack them so be careful, high up on the cramped little islands, shiftlings can easily teleport you off the edge. The riftite shards dropped from the riftite crystals allow you to teleport vertically upwards on use certainly useful for navigation. It can also be used to craft a few different types of blocks, to teleport entities like shiftlings can (hold it in your hand when you attack) and can be fed to shiftlings. This biome might be made of coral but it reacts pretty negatively to water...
If you have any ideas for a future update, please let me know in the comments, I always love to read suggestions.
Version 1.1 additions:
- Twisted, penumbral and arkan pressure plates and buttons
- The Bulwark, a floating cube dungeon with many unique rooms and items
- Empty core crafted with riftite into a loaded core which teleports you out of the void before damage is taken
- Vwooping enchantment
- Radon and Riftite Sentinel mobs
- Frictionless slipstone blocks
- Encased radon which has radon-like properties without damaging entities
- Vwooper redstone component teleports nearby entities to its front face
Version 1.1 changes:
- Penumbral bulbs now have grease drip particles
- Arkan blocks now have unique sounds
- Anklor defence points increased to the same level as diamond
- Radon and encased radon prevent mob spawning in a certain radius
- Anklor health lowered from 50 to 30
- Twisted coral blocks now require hoes to break instead of pickaxes
- Shiftlings, riftite sentinels and all entities with the vwooping enchantment on their chestplate now teleport ranged attacks back at their shooters
- Can 'feed' non-aggressive shiftlings some riftite to engage an extra high teleport
- Riftite-based teleports now has a unique sound
- Arkan bungle generation overhauled using noise maps to allow for more randomness/variation
- Penumbral tree generation overhauled using functions to allow for more randomness/variation