The second MCreator 2023.2 snapshot is here. This snapshot is here to make sure this update will be more than just a Minecraft 1.19.4 update. Read on!
This is a full changelog of this snapshot with more notable changes highlighted with bold text.
- EAP releases now have a different icon to distinguish between stable releases and snapshots more easily
- Some minor UI improvements and usability changes
- Added new UI notifications system for updates, plugin loading problems, and similar use cases
- Improved workspace selector window
- Added many new simplified Chinese help tip translations
- Added many new traditional Chinese help tip translations
- Added a button to generate block bounding box from JSON model
- Added random block texture generator to the image maker
- Added compact substring procedure block to the procedure editor
- Added villager profession mod element
- Added new feature mod element feature types: geode, ore, scattered ore, single block ore
- Added rule test blocks to the feature mod element used by the ore features
- Added new world data procedure blocks: is village at the location, is raid happening at the location
- Added entity procedure blocks: make entity look at location
- [Bugfix] Several logic procedure blocks caused build errors with certain procedure setups
- [Bugfix] Undo and redo did not work properly for certain Blockly actions
- [Bugfix] Armor chestplate is now called properly instead of word body in the UI fields
- [Bugfix] Localization keys that are not used by a certain mod element are no longer generated if not needed
- [Bugfix] Some other minor fixes and improvements
Below is the changelog of the previous snapshots, covering all the changes in the upcoming 2023.1 release.
- Added support for Java 9+ SDK source code browsing
- Added side indicators to more procedure blocks
- Added base support for Minecraft Forge 1.19.4
- Improved recipes mod element editor UI to hide fields not applying to the current recipe type
- Improved biome mod element editor UI to better match how biomes are defined in Minecraft
- [FG 1.19.4] Added support for mod elements: tags, functions, music discs, custom elements, sounds, creative tabs, commands, overlays, potion effects, potion items, villager trades, enchantments, structures, armor, item extensions, key bindings, particles, paintings, loot tables, game rules, GUIs, global triggers, tools, features, blocks, fluids, dimensions, plants, advancements, advancement triggers, living entities, AI tasks, biomes, items, recipes, ranged items, procedures
- [DP 1.19.4] Added support for mod elements: tags, functions, loot tables, biomes, dimensions
- [Bugfix] Get entity submerged height procedure block could cause build errors or did not function properly in some cases
- [Bugfix] Custom block, plant, or biome sounds could cause multiplayer connection problems
- [Bugfix] Add potion procedure blocks sometimes caused the potion effect never to expire
- [Bugfix] Player enters/leaves dimension advancement triggers were not triggered for custom dimensions when traveling through their portals
- [Bugfix] Biome generation parameters were disabled for data pack generators
- [Bugfix] MCreator Link procedure triggers caused build errors
- [Bugfix] Some other minor fixes and improvements
Snapshot release notes
- [Plugins] Plugins can now define new preferences dialog sections and entries
- [Plugins] Plugins can now define recent changes when using a plugin update data file
- [Plugins] Plugins can now properly add actions to the main toolbar
- [Plugins] Plugins can now add custom vertical tabs to a workspace
- [Plugins] Plugins can now add buttons to the workspace selector
A download of the snapshot is possible on the Download page under the Snapshot downloads section.
Make sure to test the snapshot out so we can fix any potential bugs you find out. Leave a comment with your feedback on the update below. Stay tuned and keep on creating awesome mods with MCreator!
This might be the last version to have integrated VCS :O
VCS stands for Version Control System. It is a software tool used by developers to manage changes to source code and other digital assets over time.
With a VCS, developers can track changes to their codebase, collaborate with other developers on the same project, and revert changes if necessary. VCS also allows developers to work on different versions of the codebase simultaneously and merge changes together.
In MCreator, specifically, Git(Hub) is used
What does this mean? Does it mean that MCreator will only be released with one generator now? For example, only with 1.20 or only with 1.19.4?
No. VSC has nothing with generators. MCreator will still ship with two generators.
Pretty sure working with normal git through the terminal will get the job done
This is definitely always an option
thank you to the team!
You are welcome! :D
Another update, another step towards success. Wonderful update!
Glad to hear you like it :)
Why does it crash Minecraft when you use custom Trades for a custom Villager Profession?
This should not be happening. Please open a bug report at https://github.com/MCreator/MCreator/issues and please attach a demo workspace ZIP
Alright, I did it.
Well, this update has more features than a Swiss Army Knife! Now, if only we could add a corkscrew mod element...just kidding, let's stick to the basics for now.
Not sure what the issue is, but experiencing severe compilation errors trying to transfer a mod w/locked components from the previous version; seems convinced that several pretty crucial packages, (ModItems, ModEntities, etc), don't exist; and regenerating code seems to have no effect. TLDR; wait for full release if you're gonna convert something.
Most likely a plugin being outdated.
Most likely a plugin issue. Waiting for full release and more importantly not reporting bugs will just postpone those bugs into the full release, meaning they will be fixed in the release after, which can leave bugs in the wild for quite a while
I love this snapshot and the features that come a long with it. I think added a procedure that would enable block/items or procedures to register only when a certain mod id is loaded would be a wonderful feature. Many modern mods add compatibility features like that. Is there any plans to add something like that in this update?
a procedure block to check if a mod is loaded was added all the way back in 2023.1