- I know people can upvote modifications, but I was wondering if you could improve this system by having a 5-star rating instead.
- The rating would be based on an average rating number based on all ratings submitted.
- For example, if someone rated a mod 5 star then another person only rated it 1 star it would be around 3 starts for its average rating.
- You could also add a minimum cap of 10 ratings before showing results this would make it a bit more stable for mods that just got published.
- Some visual indication that the mod does not have enough ratings to display its ratting would help people know that it does not have a low rating. This would also encourage people to vote for the mod a bit.
- Comments are good for a discussion but it would be nice to have a section above it or a second page on the mod topic to display the comments and have reviews on the main page for the download.
- Reviews should help people decided if they want to download the mod and can benefit the creator if they have good reviews for that mod.
- Reviews could use the rating system above instead of just a raw upvote, ratings could require a review to also provide feedback to the creator so they can figure out what areas can be improved in there mods.
- For reviews, I think it would be best if replies were disabled except for the creator, just so it does not get to long and hard to read the reviews.
Anyhow, I just thought this would be a bit nicer than just the basic upvote system currently in place, it would be more community based and help creators find areas they may want to improve their mods and gives the community a dedicated place to give feedback while improving the rating system. Like always I would like to know what the community thinks of the suggestion for the ratings and reviews. Maybe people have more suggestions to add, just comment below on this page.