Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator
Hi! This is my first topic in MCreator forum that I wrote. :D
I have many new feature suggestions for MCreator. I'm sure that most of these features will sure make MCreator more easy and more convenient to use.
Let's get started, these are features I highly suggested:
• Re-arranging mod elements in the workspace - Re-arranging mod elements can make the creative inventory looks better and easier to find the specific item.
• Re-naming mod elements
• Better auto-generated crafting code - For example: I created a new sword item. The recipe code would be like "X1X","X4X",X7X". I want the system to generate "1","4","7" instead.
• Allows shapeless recipe in the item-type mod element - By creating a new item, you can only create a crafting recipe.
• Don't generate crafting recipe code, if the crafting grid is empty - When creating a block or an item, if you ever put an item in the crafting grid, it will generate a recipe code, even you remove all items in later. By having a recipe code like this "XXX","XXX","XXX" will cause a crash when starting Minecraft, but MCreator won't recognize this error by compiling.
• Allows multiple textures to be imported at once
• Allows deleting textures that were imported - Sometimes importing wrong texture or imported to wrong section can make the texture selection section looks bad. (If the texture is currently in use, just show the pop-up message and don't delete it.)
• Events can be viewed and edited separately - In the current version of MCreator, created events can't be viewed or edited. There's only 2 options: add new event or delete all events.
• More information when filling the details - For example: Enchantibility, Damage to mobs, Max damage that armor can absorb etc. It was hard and took long time to find out the RIGHT scale. It requires me so many attempts, I think it would be better if there's an information in the MCreator. That would help me save so much time, because starting a test environment also took long time.
These are more features that I think they would be great to add:
• Allows moving mod elements across the workspaces
• Allows fluid animation
• Allows crop growing stage and using seeds to plant
These are some bugs that should be fixed:
• [General] - If the texture that is currently in use was deleted. That mod element can't be viewed or edited.
• [Creating an armor] - Armor value gaining is in the wrong order. The text said: "Helmet/Chestplate/Leggings/Boots", but when I filled the details and ran the game with mod. I found out that's actually in this order "Helmet/Leggings/Chestplate/Boots".
• [Items Selection] - No Salmon, Cooked Salmon, Clownfish and Pufferfish found. (Edited on 22th October 2016 - 23.15)
Thank you for reading. Please reconsider these changes.
P.S. I'm sorry, if there's any bad English or grammar.