How do i make a bucket with a fluid not place fluid when right clicking at a certain block?

Started by kolo on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:51, 16. Nov 2023
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do i make a bucket with a fluid not place fluid when right clicking at a certain block?

i made a cauldron that can be filled up with my custom fluid. When i right click it in survival, the bucket is replaced with an empty one and doesnt get duplicated, but when im doing it in creative, it fills up the cauldron, but also places my custom fluid next to it. I need to find a way to make the bucket not place a fluid when right clicked on specific block. Can anyone help? Also im using an autogenerated bucket for my fluid.

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You don't want to use an…
Wed, 11/08/2023 - 00:56

You don't want to use an autogenerated bucket, you'll want to delete it and create your own bucket item, then make the procedure to place the fluid source yourself, with a specific exception for if the player right clicks on your custom block. 

You might be able to do this by modifying the autogenerated item, but this would probably be more difficult. (I haven't worked with them myself, so I'm not entirely sure.) Or you might be able to make a procedure with the global trigger 'player right clicks block' that checks the item in their main hand and the block they're clicking on, as well as whether or not they're in creative mode, and cancels the global trigger.