• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Journey To The Core - A[n idea for a] Cave Exploration Mod
Tue, 12/26/2023 - 07:24 (edited)

Hey MCreator!

Before I begin, uh, showcasing my idea for this mod, I'll let you know that I'm not even sure I'm going to either release it or, in case I do, fully finish it...Ya know, real life and all that (Yeah, that thing we play Minecraft specifically to escape from, hehe). This is mainly a post to acquire feedback - to see if people would want to see something like this made/realized (I mean, no, since Alex's Caves exists. Curse you Alex, if you're ever reading this. Curse you and your modding prowess!).

Anyway, let's begin this very professional presentation (which is, like, three paragraphs long, not really in-depth, and which includes literally zero images, since the idea has barely just sprouted in my gnoggin').

-The Core Idea-

The idea for the mod is centered around the exploration of a new dimension, "The Core", while trying to answer the question that everyone who's mildly interested in Minecraft Lore has asked themselves between zero and more than zero times in their gaming life: What lies under the Bedrock layer?

Some may answer: "Well, duh, The Nether! It has a bedrock roof!". NO! WRONG! Have you ever tried digging down in real life? Many have, and not ONE person has ever found the Nether, and Minecraft is based on real life. Checkmate!

On a more serious note, the idea is for the player to have come across the knowledge of an untold and unexplored (maybe, or maybe not...) world under the Bedrock layer. From that day forward, their goal became to reach and conquer it. The player would be able to access the dimension by literally tunneling through the Overworld Bedrock Layer using a new machine (A drill of sorts, perhaps whose parts can be found inside Ancient Cities). Upon hopping into the bore they made, they'd end up inside "The Core".

-What lies under the Bedrock?-

The Core is a mostly dark, enormous system of caverns which has been isolated from the Overworld, Nether and End for...well, too long to even know, honestly. This complete separation from the main dimensions has lead to the birth of many cavernous biomes - hereby referred to as "Sectors" -, each with their own little flair: From giant, lush forests filled with ancestral bugs and creatures (Which could be used to make new Dyes and decorative blocks), to volcanically-active areas (filled with magma, useful for smelting new ores perhaps?), to...giant mushrooms? (Every cave mod needs a mushroom biome!).

New biomes, tho, are not the only thing this mod would bring: The idea would be to make it possible to live and thrive in the dimension, completely separate from your adventures in the Overworld. New systems (Metallurgy, Magic, Cooking...) are also planned to make their debut, too!

Something I would also not be adverse to do would be to introduce a, uh, "Soft-Reset" system, essentially forcing the player to restart from the ground-up, a la (is that how you spell it?) The Betweenlands (tho I would have to hear feedback on this...then again, I am adamant about introducing something like this. I want the player's adventures in the Core to not interfere and/or be completely separate from the normal progression of the game, and this would also make exploring the dimension something worth doing, instead of just speedrunning it in Full Netherite).

For anyone wanting to leave the dimension, well...that would either be possible from the start OR tied to progression. Maybe I could go for the first option, but make actually bringing stuff from the Overworld to the Core and vice-versa tied to progression...feeeeedbaaaack!

-Conclusion-

Now, I know this ain't much to go off of, but really, this is just an idea I'm toying with, and, again, I'd really like to hear everyone's thoughts on it! There's a good chance I'll also use this post for any new updates, since I don't wanna make another one and then fill the site with pointless stuff...

Anyway, thank for listening to my TedTalk, and I hope you all have a good day, and good modding sessions forever!

Edited by ThoronSage on Tue, 12/26/2023 - 07:24
Last seen on 13:32, 20. Apr 2024
Joined Oct 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Cool(n't)!
Thu, 12/28/2023 - 22:40

Cool(n't)!

Last seen on 16:34, 22. Apr 2024
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hey all! Happy new Year! So,…
Mon, 01/01/2024 - 14:14

Hey all! Happy new Year!

So, since the first post was...well, sorely lacking in anything remotely close to concept art, I decided to post a few pictures of my progress on the Core!

Shown below is the very first sector, the Verdant Sector! The verdant sector is a lush, forest-like that will house new trees - namely Ebony Trees, that provide a new, pitch-black wood type - as well as a Biolite, a mysterious material that exhibits a characteristic glow, only source of light for the flora and fauna of this sector (Not pictured, still in development).

Shown here are also Profundite, the main rock that constitutes the Core, Lignite, a new fuel source (which is slightly better than regular coal) as well as the Verdant Sector's dirt and grass (which took me FOREVER to make, since I didn't like any of the previous textures).

Obviously, anything shown in the pictures is subject to change. Do not that, in reality, the dimension IS completely dark - the Night Vision is used purely for showcasing purpouses!

The Verdant Sector

The Verdant SectorThe Verdant Sector

Joined Oct 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You wanted concept art?…
Mon, 01/01/2024 - 14:29

You wanted concept art? Shoot, I'd love to draw random ideas! (also it's looking great so far)

Joined Oct 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Also what if you could only…
Mon, 01/01/2024 - 14:31

Also what if you could only get to The Core from the Nether

Last seen on 16:34, 22. Apr 2024
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hah, well, I appreciate the…
Mon, 01/01/2024 - 23:40

Hah, well, I appreciate the enthusiasm, even if this is still in heavy development phase.

Perhaps the term "concept art" I used was sort of wrong - mostly it was referring to me not having posted any images of the mod. I don't really work with concept art - I mean, I can't even draw to save my life - but despite this, I already have a few things planned, uh, in my head! Still, I appreciate your proposal.

As for the progression, eh, thingy, I only have a vague idea of how I wanna structure actually entering the dimension. My main idea was a drill of sorts crafted from different parts found in Ancient Cities. If I had any sort of lore for the Mod planned, I'd probably place the Core above the Nether, not below. Even still, I may just end up changing this, as making the mod dependant on Nether progression isn't a bad idea at all!