User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Sound and texture animation problems
Sun, 12/24/2023 - 21:49 (edited)

So, I'm having 2 problems. The first is that when I go to put my 2-frame animation on my overlay, it just renders both frames at once. Maybe there is something wrong with my .mcmeta file? The second problem I am having is that custom sounds won't play. When I import my .ogg sound and play it in-game or in Mcreator, it doesn't make any sound. In Mcreator when I push play it the little play button just flickers, and nothing happens. I have had the same issue twice with different files.

Edited by Park1423 on Sun, 12/24/2023 - 21:49
Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
MCreator's sound player has…
Wed, 12/27/2023 - 06:58

MCreator's sound player has been broken for some time, but the sounds should still be working in game- if they're not, then there's likely a bigger problem either with your file format or with MCreator. (But yes, OGG mono is the correct format, and that should, by all means, work.) 

For the animation, are you trying to do the .mcmeta file manually? I haven't personally had issues with MCreator's built in animation manager, but again, it's possible there's something wrong with your client. What version of MCreator are you using?

Last seen on 06:47, 25. Jul 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Sound engine used by…
Tue, 01/02/2024 - 19:41

Sound engine used by MCreator is different from the one MC uses and will be removed in the future due to this difference.

As for animated GUI sprites, native support for them is coming in MC 1.20.2, so GUI/overlay images with "*.mcmeta" files will work as soon as update with NF 1.20.4 generator is released.

Last seen on 15:52, 14. Jul 2024
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I was using MCreator 2023.1…
Thu, 02/08/2024 - 22:44

I was using MCreator 2023.1. So, I need a newer version of Minecraft to make my animation work?