Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom Mobs in Mob Spawners ignore lights

Hi, I'm not actually sure if this is a bug I need to report or if I am doing something wrong. However, I can't get my custom mobs to stop spawning from mob spawners despite there being torches. It seems to be only custom mobs. Most of the mobs in my project don't spawn naturally because they are structure specific and are put in spawners. This used to work in older versions of MCreator but when I came back to working on it this year and a lot had changed, I can't figure it out.

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I believe mob spawners were…
Fri, 12/29/2023 - 15:23

I believe mob spawners were changed to require a higher light level to stop spawning mobs? I'm pretty sure spawners still use the old light level requirements for mob spawning, (so the light level must be higher than 9), whereas normal mob spawns require absolute darkness. It may be that the old spawner light requirement is still a mob property, just not one that MCreator tracks anymore, so your mobs are still spawning in full light because they don't have this set to anything. (If that's the case, you may be able to lock the code and change this manually if it's an issue.) You could also just make a procedure that triggers when an entity spawns, and then despawns it if it's your custom entity and the light level is too high.

Last seen on 01:49, 28. Jun 2024
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks! Tried and procedure…
Fri, 12/29/2023 - 18:45

Thanks! Tried and procedure and it worked.