Make consumed Item (durability) do not disapear (destroyed) or replaced by empty version

Started by ninjawizard1234 on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 04:46, 14. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Make consumed Item (durability) do not disapear (destroyed) or replaced by empty version

im on creator 2023.4 now, i still cant make a item that was consumed (like a empty water canteen) to replace a destroyed one, can anybody help?

when item destroyed  -> set new item (empty) on main-hand is not working

Last seen on 00:06, 23. Jul 2024
Joined Aug 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Go to your consumable item's…
Sat, 12/30/2023 - 23:50

Go to your consumable item's "Food properties" section. (At the bottom of the MCreator window when you are on your item.)

Check the box next to "Is this item a food?", and add the empty version into the "Eating item result:" section.

(Your item will still use the same animation designated in the "Properties" section regardless of whether the item is classed as a food or not.)

Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
oh i dont think so man…
Sun, 12/31/2023 - 03:43

oh i dont think so man because if i set as food the player will be able to eat it; its a welder, on each right-click on vehicles it 'heals' them, and eat durability, this part all already works, but when the item is destroyed (durability 0), like i want it destroyed after its done its 20 uses (durability), not when i use it 1 time

Last seen on 00:06, 23. Jul 2024
Joined Aug 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ok, maybe you want to try…
Sun, 12/31/2023 - 08:05

Ok, maybe you want to try making your item a tool?

Setup a new tool mod element (name it whatever you want) and go to its Properties.

Change the Type to "Special", and the efficiency/enchantability/etc. values to whatever you want, but make sure that durability is above 0

Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
yeah i guess i will prb just…
Mon, 01/01/2024 - 00:29

yeah i guess i will prb just set NBTs for the item, like energy or gas, i tought about that too, but i think its just a procedure thing since on my nuclear reactor, the cells (witch are items) are damaged on the slot so idk what is wrong, thanks!