What's the best way to make this Bounty Reward System work?

Started by Withie The Cryptid on

Topic category: Mod ideas exchange

Last seen on 18:52, 25. Apr 2024
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What's the best way to make this Bounty Reward System work?

So, I'm making a mod that revolves around killing powerful mobs and collecting a reward for killing them. I'm thinking there will be different clients that will have advantages and disadvantages to you giving them the bounty. They have unique names but to simplify it here, I'll just call them The Villagers, The Illagers, and The Piglins. I'm also thinking about adding a store where you can buy items using credit earned from cashing in bounties. However, I'm having a little but of trouble figuring out how each client should benefit you. And I'm also wondering if I should have the clients give you items along with the credits, or if that would just make the store redundant. Here's my ideas:

1. Each client gives different items (ex: Villagers give tools, Illagers give weapons, Piglins give armor), and but they will only give you those items if you cash in high-tier bounties, so anything that isn't practically a boss mob will just get you credits to spend in the store.
  2. Instead of giving you items, the clients just give you extra credits depending on what mob you slew (ex: Villagers give more for Illager kills, Illagers give more for Animal kills, Piglins give more for Skeleton kills, etc.)
  3. Get rid of the store and just have the clients give you items instead of credits (this one I'm not so sure about because I don't want to make people have to rely on RNG to get the item they want)
  4. Have each client give different kinds of credit that can only be used to buy certain items in the store (ex: Villager Credit can only buy tools, Illager Credits can only buy weapons, Piglin Credit can only buy armor)
  5. Have the clients not really have any differences and just have them all give the same amount of credits for everything (I'm not just gonna get rid of any of them because I already spent time coding them into the GUI)

That's all the ideas I could come up with. I'd love to hear some feedback, and if anyone has any other ideas they think could also work or work better, I'd love to hear it!

Last seen on 18:52, 25. Apr 2024
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Nevermind, I realized this…
Sun, 01/14/2024 - 08:27

Nevermind, I realized this should go to mod design feedback instead. So just ignore this.