Creating an inventory within an item

Started by TheFool on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 03:39, 18. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Creating an inventory within an item

I'm new to MCreator and still learning, any help is appreciated.

I'm trying to create an item that you can right-click in your hotbar that opens an inventory, I've made the item and it has been bound to the custom GUI. All things seem to work but when I attempt to use the item in game, it crashes. I can't figure out what is wrong?

Last seen on 19:31, 22. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
if the matter remains…
Tue, 02/13/2024 - 14:59

if the matter remains pertinent to your current objectives, would you kindly provide a picture of your procedure? Additionally, could you please specify the version of MCreator in use?

Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I haven't created a…
Tue, 02/13/2024 - 23:11

I haven't created a procedure. I've only bound the item to a custom GUI. Is there a procedure I should make that'd fix my issue? Using MCreator V 2023.4.52316.

Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I've fixed the issue, the…
Tue, 02/13/2024 - 23:32

I've fixed the issue, the GUI had a slot that wasn't being counted. Feels dumb to not have realized that sooner lol.

Last seen on 06:17, 27. Mar 2024
Joined Dec 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hi, i am doing like the same…
Wed, 02/14/2024 - 00:18

Hi, i am doing like the same thing with my mod, with an item that has 9 inventory slots, and every time i close the item inventory, it kicks all the items out into my inventory. How did you create the persistent inventory? I am not too familiar with procedures and such, so I would really appreciate your advice!

Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm far from experienced…
Wed, 02/14/2024 - 03:48

I'm far from experienced with MCreator so I can't give advice but I can explain what I've got.

I didn't do any extra steps beyond what is already given, I made the GUI first which has 10 slots and that was it.
Then the item, I made sure stack size is limited to 1 and changed nothing else except for enabling the inventory in Advanced Properties. Bound to GUI and had the slots +1.

It's persistent, so not sure if you've got states or triggers on the GUI or item. It could be a version issue as I see a lot of old posts with the same problem as you.