How would you disable item drops from explosions?

Started by User_1634 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 20:28, 20. Apr 2024
Joined Apr 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How would you disable item drops from explosions?

I'm looking for a way to disable item-drops for blocks destroyed by explosions, without disableing item-drops of the player (eg. mining a block with a pickaxe).

I've got a few ideas on how to tackle this issue. Sadly I don't know, how to get these ideas to work. That's why I'm reaching out to you guys. Maybe you can figure this out.

Idea 1:  /gamerule "doTileDrops"

Find a way to exclude player item-drops from the gamerule "doTileDrops".

By default it disables all kind of item-drops from Blocks.

Idea 2:  Modify /gamerule tntExplosionDropDecay

If set to "true" only 20% of the destroyed blocks actually drop. If there was a way to bring these 20% down to zero, no destroyed blocks would drop anymore.

Idea 3:  Checking for "IF destroyed by explosion"

There seems to be is no way to check if a block was broken by an explosion. A trigger for this sadly doesn't exist for vanilla blocks.

Idea 4:  Global trigger: "An explosion accours"

This trigger can be used to despawn item-entities in a specified area around where the explosion accoured. 

Altough it works, it isn't desirable, because it may also delete item-drops caused by the player nearby.

Idea 5: The old "Explode at x: [x] y: [x] z: [z] with power..."-block

Consider this last "Idea" a Suggestion.

In previous versions of MCreator, when using the block "Explode at x: [x] y: [x] z: [z] with power..." from the "World precedures"-tab, there was a drop-down menu called "type" in which

there were the options: NONE, BREAK and DESTROY. 

BREAK would break the block an drop the corresponding item, but DESTROY would only break the block without dropping a item.

Would there be a way to reimplement this old functionality along the with the new "source type"?