Help/Guidance on Making a semi releastic anvil smithing.

Started by wabble07875 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 03:48, 7. Sep 2024
Joined Nov 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Help/Guidance on Making a semi releastic anvil smithing.

Hello! I hope you're having a good day/evening!, I am making a mod for a project. I am still getting the hang of using/making procedures.

The idea is I'm trying to make a system/mechanic on an anvil (I made a custom anvil model) where the player needs to hammer the item into its item so for example how my mod goes is

The player makes a chest plate project by combining Iron plates (Ingots need to be forged into Plates for armor/shields), and then that item turns into an "Iron Chestplate project", After that the player needs to heat the "Iron Chestplate Project" which then turns into "Heated Iron Chestplate Project" and then here is what I'm hoping to accomplish. 

The player needs to bring the heated project to the anvil, Either put the item on the anvil (If possible) or have the heated project on the left hand/Offhand and have a hammer on the right and strike the anvil to transform the "Heated Iron Chestplate Project" to "Iron Chestplate"

So in the short term, I'm trying to overhaul the metal smithing. it's just the anvil and hammer mechanic I'm trying to make. Similar to Saltys realistic forging mod.

Last seen on 17:32, 14. Sep 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can either make seperate…
Tue, 09/10/2024 - 00:47

You can either make seperate models for when each item is placed on the anvil, and then use blockstates ( https://mcreator.net/plugin/104253/blockstates )with a plugin or make different blocks for each. Then on block right clicked check for hammer in event target entity main hand and then (check for blockstate) and change (blockstate or) block to the non heated/project item. Then on right click with empty hand give player item and replace block (or chaneg blockstate) to the original again. To make the player animate during this use the player animation plugin which requires a dependency ( https://mcreator.net/plugin/91396/player-animator-forge-1192 ).