Joined May 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Mob Help

I created a mob using techne, but when I try to load it, it says it encountered an error that is unknown to MCreator- any suggestions?

Last seen on 16:18, 21. Jan 2019
Joined Oct 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Can you show me what the
Sat, 09/03/2016 - 12:45

Can you show me what the gradle error is? This may be because you have not named each part of the model differently

Last seen on 23:30, 23. Jan 2017
Joined May 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It says MCreator doesn't know
Sun, 09/04/2016 - 12:36

It says MCreator doesn't know the reason for the error- is there a way for me to attach the techne file here? (I did name each part differently- could overlapping the legs on the texture map be a problem? This is my first time using techne so I don't really know what causes problems and what doesn't)

Last seen on 23:44, 18. Aug 2019
Joined Apr 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
overlapping the leg textures
Sun, 09/04/2016 - 13:32

overlapping the leg textures on the texture map should not cause any problems; in fact doing so just saves you space on your texture map (overlapping areas will share the same texture for that area. If you want all the legs to have the same texture, then you should overlap them)

I had some of my techne models cause mysterious errors as well, and I have no clue why. Did you create a model from scratch, or use a pre-created base and edit it? If the latter, check to make sure all the pieces are in the same model folder, not hanging around outside it or something. I would also check to see if all of your textured regions are actually on the texture map. I had both those happen to me, and fixing themmade the models work.

Last seen on 23:30, 23. Jan 2017
Joined May 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
RE:overlapping the leg textures
Mon, 09/05/2016 - 19:23

I used a pig model, and added a nose and tail to make something a bit different. I moved them so they stay in the same folder, but nothing.@#3

Last seen on 23:44, 18. Aug 2019
Joined Apr 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Sorry, but I don't know what
Wed, 09/07/2016 - 11:49

Sorry, but I don't know what to do in your case other than try recreating the mob model.

I made a mob similarly to yours using the wolf model, and it works "fine" (other than the snout refusing to animate with the head no matter what I do to it, it does not produce errors or crash the game). Perhaps try using a different model and editing it to resemble a pig. Maybe the pig base in techne is buggy, like the enderman is claimed to be.