User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Urgently Needed Features in MCreator
Sun, 11/06/2016 - 13:20 (edited)

Hello MCreator. I have been using for atleast over 2 years your software by now. And i must certainly say that MCreator haves a ton of potential but is still very limited as of how it is right now.

To do a quick summary of this, i'll explain what i tried to do and what i want you to add in future updates.

First. What i tried to do.

Yesterday i tried to make a mod where there are weapons which will cast an effect in a area of 5x5 blocks. In the area particles would spawn to give the effect that magic was casted, It's all good by now, however, the second effect would be to damage enemies and inflict status effects on them. This is where the problem comes. In order to do this, invisible blocks would spawn on the ground which damages and inflict status effects on the enemies when they collide with it. Up until now it's all possible, but the problem is that you cannot remove the invisible block (The fact that it's invisible due to his texture does not matter). This is because there is no ''Delay'', ''Order'' or ''Priority'' function. A function that would make MCreator to carefully pick which events should be executed first and which shouldn't. So in the end, even if i do add ''Remove block'' event, it just won't work. Either the block is placed but not removed, or the block is removed before even being able to place it. And no, this is not because of a mistake i made, but rather because of MCreator doesn't know or can even pick which events should be executed first. And even after many tries. I DID Manage to remove the block AFTER it's placed, but what's the result? The block is only visually removed, but it's still there and it's effects when a player/mob collides still lingers. TL;DR; My mod couldn't work because your program is limited.

Second. What i want you to add.

Delay Function or Tick Function: A function that lets you to execute an event first, and after a certain amount of ticks have passed, the next event will be executed. This is a very fundamental function needed for advanced modders. I know that if you simply add this single function, MCreator's possibilities will explode crazy high.

When Player/Mob is hit by item: A function that triggers an event only when a player or a mob is hit by a specific item. This will be a really cool function to have, since if you add this, now your ''Freezing weapons'' will actually be able to freeze/slow your enemies when they are hit. If possible, you can specify which mobs must be hit to trigger the event aswell.

Check if player has <Health/Hunger/Oxygen/Item/etc>: A function that will check if the player has the required elements first. Depending if they have it or not, it will let the events execute normally or stop them from being executed.

Check if there is air first: This function will make certain events (Such as place block, teleport the player, etc) only be able to activate if there is air (no blocks) in the affected area. It is needed because it's annoying that you keep getting teleported inside of a wall, or that you place blocks in places where there's supposed to be bedrock or something like that. So pleased do implement this.

You may already know this, but even if i sound harsh, it's just because of this program's own good. I really like MCreator despite his constant errors and all, but right now i can't do something that i'd consider as a ''Quality mod'' with just the current functions MCreator haves. With that said, i really hope you listen to me and someday add these features. If you do, i promise that you will start seeing really good stuff on your site! Good luck!

Edited by Seth5443 on Sun, 11/06/2016 - 13:20
Last seen on 19:01, 30. May 2022
Joined Dec 2013
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
To make a "mana" type thing,
Sun, 11/06/2016 - 01:40

To make a "mana" type thing, you can try a stacked event in which "Does player have () in hand or in inventory" then add another event where the item is then consumed based on a action.

(Example: for my quests. I add stack event that has game check that i have a bronze coin in inventory, when i do it removes that coin and "spawns element"

(I use spawn element, because add item to inventory glitches and turns the "rewards" back into a bronze coin, by using spawn gem, the bronze coin is consumed forever and you get the reward) if this isnt what yoy mean, by the mana thing then im sorry.

Last seen on 23:30, 10. Sep 2022
Joined Jan 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
RE:To make a "mana" type thing,
Sun, 11/06/2016 - 13:18

@#1 Thank you, i'll edit this post. I still think that some sort of tick delay function is greatly needed though.

Joined Dec 2013
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
RE:RE:To make a "mana" type thing,
Mon, 11/07/2016 - 18:34

I agree and I would like to see a few of these implemented as well. I would like to see a "Has player in inventory" x ammount and "consume item event with consume x ammount. This would allow for a better quest or shop mods.

Hi Seth5443! First of all, I
Fri, 11/11/2016 - 20:28

Hi Seth5443! First of all, I am glad to see you are back. I still remember your great mods and textures and I really hope we will see some new mods from you. :D

Back to the topic, I really like your suggestions. In fact I am already working on some of your suggestions, for example tick delay.

Some of your suggestings are already possible but require many events and event conditions so some of them will be improved in the future.

Joined Dec 2013
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
RE:Hi Seth5443! First of all, I
Fri, 11/11/2016 - 21:31

@#3 it would be nie to see these, espeiclaly the tick rate implementaion because that alone could open a lot of doors. MCreator has already opened hundreds upon hundreds of previously closed doors and each update like this current one (1.7.1) and future ones just keeping opening more for its users. :D

Last seen on 10:15, 29. Mar 2017
Joined Sep 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Tick rate has been added in
Fri, 11/11/2016 - 22:51

Tick rate has been added in MCreator 1.7.1 and you can already detect if a player has a item/block in their inventory or hand as a Condition, but yeah, it all sounds like good ideas to be added

Last seen on 18:35, 18. Apr 2019
Joined Mar 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I really agree :P
Tue, 03/14/2017 - 16:13

I really agree :P

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Have you tried a tick rate
Wed, 07/05/2017 - 17:01

Have you tried a tick rate evrnt for removing the blocks?
For thr event order just do stack events