Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)
Hi there! I'm pretty new to this, but it's awesome and something I want to make a full-fledged mod with. I have some questions, though, and I hope someone will be able to help me-
- I've seen tutorials on how MCEdit can be used to create randomly generated structures, like temples and such. Unfornuately, all such tutorials are extremely outdated. Does this still work? And is there a way to do it using blocks from the as-yet-unfinished mod?
- Along the same lines, tree customization is limited right now for me. Does that work on the same principle as temples and such? How can I select different vanilla leaves and woods (it defaults to oak, and the others aren't options).
- Talking of wood, is there a way to make stairs, slabs, etc. that use a single wood texture?
- Can you make it so that certain items- flowers, ores, etc.- spawn only in a single biome? And how does one get it so things like tulips and emeralds spawn outside of their normal regions?
- Techne. I cannot find Techne for download anywhere, and it's cramping my style. I want to make my own mobs, but... where can I find Techne? Or, failing that, is there another way to make and animate models?
- Is there a way of getting villages to spawn in custom biomes?
Thanks for reading through this! I'd appreciate any help!