MCreator 2 Roadmap Discussion

Started by Matej on

Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator

MCreator 2 Roadmap Discussion
Mon, 12/09/2019 - 18:29 (edited)

MCreator is a big success in Minecraft's modding community. During the last 5 years of its existence, MCreator has changed a lot, ranging from adding various mod types and options to improve them by adding events, custom drops, emitting particles, shooting arrows and much more. As the MCreator developed, there have been many changes that changed the way MCreator worked and the way you interacted with it. Many of the things were inspired by you, the community.

Last month, we updated the website, the new home of MCreator and we did that for a reason. With that done, we are happy to announce you the plans for MCreator 2. It will come with a whole new user interface and fix many bugs that came with the current version. This version doesn't exist yet, so we want to give you the word, by allowing you to shape the new MCreator in the way you would like it to be.

This forum topic is for you to discuss developer's ideas and suggestions for the new MCreator 2. We are going to be taking the ideas on other forum topics and let you discuss them.

Notice: MCreator 2 is just a concept at this moment. There is no release date yet, nor release date timeframe.

Click here to see MCreator 2 landing page

Edited by Matej on Mon, 12/09/2019 - 18:29
Last seen on 20:43, 14. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Basicaly what I mean in…
Sat, 12/01/2018 - 22:32

Basicaly what I mean in number 2 by an OTHER-type element is let us make our own code files from scratch.

Last seen on 21:02, 11. Oct 2022
Joined Sep 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This is true  
Wed, 12/12/2018 - 22:21

This is true

Last seen on 17:10, 18. Feb 2019
Joined Jun 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What I would really like to…
Wed, 12/19/2018 - 18:27

What I would really like to have even though it may be something very minor, is an ore vein range. So instead of having one slider that sets the average an ore vein should be. Have 2 sliders or 2 input fields. The first for the minimum size an ore vein should be, and the second for the maximum. I've looked everywhere for something like this, even through eclipse modding; but nothing I've seen and tried has worked. I've tried to get it to generate in-between 2 and 3 ores per vein. I end up getting mostly 1 per vein and in some cases 4 or even 5. If MCreator had this feature, it would make me so happy.

Last seen on 15:46, 18. Sep 2022
Joined Nov 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It would be amazing if you…
Mon, 12/24/2018 - 00:47

It would be amazing if you could implement a way to add custom 3d models for armor as well as to find a better way of applying textures using Ms. Crayfishes modeler and techne.

As well a lot more procedures, for example, finding a way to the position in front of the player of the position of where the player is looking and other things like that.

and custom player animations for movement such as running, custom flying animations etc

Last seen on 12:31, 22. Jan 2024
Joined Jul 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You should make the hitbox…
Sat, 01/26/2019 - 23:52

You should make the hitbox decide how large the mob is. Sorry if that's hard! The ghast is tiny, though.

Please add custom status effects. It could be an element type, and is triggered by a procedure or food. The status effect would kind of be a procedure itself.

New mob models maybe? It's pretty limited.

Also, the programs are limited. I can make obj models, but not java models. I can't use Techne because I use Mac.

The "hit mob" procedure option is glitched, nothing happens when it's supposed to trigger something.

Add an option for blocks to be able to be broken by pickaxes, axes, spades, swords, hoes, and custom items

Add entity models for shot items from ranged items.

Last seen on 02:40, 27. Feb 2020
Joined Feb 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Perhaps a cool feature (if…
Sun, 02/03/2019 - 02:47

Perhaps a cool feature (if not already in MCreator) would be the ability to spawn custom projectiles via procedures. Like, instead of making a gun-like item, you could make just a plain item that would fire a projectile when right-clicked with, or a sword that fires beams when swung. On that note, maybe also the ability to fire projectiles in the direction the player is looking. Thanks!

Joined Feb 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Oh, and maybe also the…
Sun, 02/03/2019 - 17:17

Oh, and maybe also the ability to scale weapons, tools, and items. So, you could have a giant sword, or maybe a smaller pickaxe.

Joined Feb 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I guess one more small thing…
Sun, 02/03/2019 - 20:27

I guess one more small thing would be the option to give descriptions to stuff like sword and tools, and not just generic items.

Last seen on 18:50, 15. Nov 2020
Joined Nov 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Please add in: end-type…
Sun, 02/10/2019 - 22:00

Please add in:

end-type portals.

the ability to choose the ambient sounds for a custom dimension.

the ability to create custom enchantments and potion effects.

a 'wait [number] seconds' block to the procedure system.

a 'sky island' world type to custom dimensions.

the ability to choose the nether portal swirl for the portal effect, however you can pick the color of the swirl.

an easier-to-use animation creator.

when creating a custom mob, give it the ability to be tamed, and you can choose the thing to tame it with.

compatibility with mcanimator, and remove compatability with techne (because techne is dead) 

Joined Nov 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
oh, and allow you to pick…
Sun, 02/10/2019 - 22:02

oh, and allow you to pick from all mob models when making a mob, including ender dragon and wither.

Joined Nov 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
another cool thing is when…
Sun, 02/10/2019 - 22:16

another cool thing is when making a structure, you have the ability to select if it is part of a village.

Joined Nov 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I also have some ideas for…
Sun, 02/10/2019 - 22:21

I also have some ideas for releases to go alongside mcreator 2. I would like a mobile form of mcreator that is a phone app.I would also a texture pack maker that works a little like mcreator but is for making texture packs.

Last seen on 17:10, 18. Feb 2019
Joined Jun 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I would love it if tools…
Sat, 02/16/2019 - 19:30

I would love it if tools could have an event trigger which activates when a mob is killed with that tool. Also having an entity health code block would be nice. Without one of these I can't really create the mod that I wanted to make.