Topic category: Help with MCreator software
How to Use MC Creator 1.7.9 and 1.7.8
This is not a request but a tutorial
Now there has been a lot of problems with mc creator on mac. Whenever you try opening the .jar file it crashes, so here is the best way to fix it
This is done using the 64 bit version
1.Download MC Creator 1.7.9 and drag it to your desktop (make sure you java 8 or above)
2. Open up Automator (it should be there in launchpad)
3. Click New Document then Application
4.Search up run and click Run Shell Script
5.Drag it to where it says to.
6. In the shell box put in this code (this sets the default jdk to 1.8)
export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8`
7. Put in the code below and change the code so that yournamehere is the user you are on (this allows automator to access the file)
cd /Users/yournamehere/Desktop/MCreator\ 1.7.9\ \[1.12.2\]\ Mac-Linux\ 32-64bit
8. Then also add this code (this actually opens MC Creator)
java -jar mcreator.jar
9.Save the Automator file where ever you want
10. When you want to use MC Creator Open your newly made Automator Application (NOT Automator its self)
And there you have it folks! Now you can use MC Creator without a hassle!
Hope this helped!