User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Problems planting on specific block

Hello there!

I am developing a mod inspired on Growable Ores by B0bGary's. Unfortunately, that mod stopped its developing in 1.7.10. I decided to make that mod again being very similar to the original with minor changes and a full redo for all the textures in 1.12.2. MCreator allowed me to make something very similar.

First version working.

As you can see, the ore reed (diamond reed in that screenshot) is working. I also managed myself to get a seed-like item working to plant the reed block as a plant via procedures. It worked as intented.

Line reeds working correctly.

Everything worked as expected, allowing the player to plant a lot of ore reeds together to watch them grow, just as the original mod. Anyway, there was somehing missing. B0bGary's Growable Ores has a method to make its mechanics fair and fun; you can only plant ore reeds on one specific block, and that block must be crafted with expensive items. So, I researched more about procedures to create a special block where my reeds will be planted.

Special block.

I just made an specific block. Also, I made the mod again from zero with a whole new theme very different to the original, besides, I just added a ton of funny things I think you are going to love (this is going to be revelaed when Alpha were released). Anyway, I just encoutered myself with a pair of problems breaking the mod. The specific block for planting is working; you can only plant the seed-like item in those black blocks, but the problem begins here.

What the...?Why?!

As you can see, if you leave the plant block even with nothing touching them, they will drop out themselves. Also, if you try to plant two or more together, or one over another, all of them will drop out too. This two issues make the mod impossible to use as intended. It is totally broken. Any help will be very appreciated. Here is my procedure, if it helps.

Plant procedure.

One last thing. This mod actually works only with vanilla items. I tried to include the most used mod materials (copper, tin, aluminium, silver, everything from EnderIO, Tinker's Construct, etc) but i can't set the Ore Dictionary IDs because of MCreator names everything like mcreator_whateveryourmodincludes.block and I have no idea about how to add an Ore Dictionary via coding. This is just an extra feature I want to add in the future. For now, I just want to fix the drop out seeds issue. 

Thank you everyone!

Last seen on 00:36, 3. Mar 2020
Joined Sep 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
https://discord.gg/UnZbggr…
Mon, 07/23/2018 - 17:24

https://discord.gg/UnZbggr

talk to me on discord I can help with most of your question there, saddly, ore dictionary does not work, but there are other ways

BrickMaster5000, I think it…
Mon, 07/23/2018 - 20:32

BrickMaster5000, I think it is better to keep the conversation on forums, or at least post the final solution you will figure out, so it can be a reference for future users :)

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think that there is…
Tue, 07/24/2018 - 08:48

I think that there is another procedure that breaks the blocks

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Also, what's the material of…
Tue, 07/24/2018 - 08:51

Also, what's the material of the plant block?

If it's plant, that's what causes the issue

Joined Sep 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I will post the final…
Mon, 07/30/2018 - 01:03

I will post the final solution here, but it is easier for me to share images on discord

Joined Sep 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It is kinda a pain in the…
Mon, 07/30/2018 - 01:16

It is kinda a pain in the neck to have to upload it elsewhere first

Joined Sep 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I should do that once it is…
Tue, 07/31/2018 - 01:05

I should do that once it is finalized

Last seen on 08:57, 11. Nov 2021
Joined Jul 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
At the end I got the mod…
Mon, 11/08/2021 - 03:32

At the end I got the mod working as intended by using an updated version of MCreator (2020.2, the last one for 1.12.2 support).

I guess it helped a lot it does include an option to make a block suitable for plants!