Why is Mcreator so frowned upon in the MC community?

Started by Kingmiami on

Topic category: Website and community discussion

Last seen on 21:23, 18. Nov 2018
Joined Oct 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Why is Mcreator so frowned upon in the MC community?
Fri, 06/05/2020 - 15:21 (edited)

Anyone else find that besides here, Mcreator is hated in MC communities, even banned in some?

Edited by Kingmiami on Fri, 06/05/2020 - 15:21
Last seen on 01:10, 27. Sep 2020
Joined May 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
From what I've gathered,…
Mon, 01/06/2020 - 00:08

From what I've gathered, there are limitations that wouldn't allow certain features of other mods to be made with it.

Some people had a big complaint of not being able to easily update their mod to a newer version of minecraft.

I've also been told that the coding of the mods made from MCreator isn't the best to work with if you try and branch off.

It could also be people getting the program and just making poorly constructed mods that saturate the back of curseforge.

These are just things I've gathered from people on forums, I've seen a lot of well constructed mods with MCreator. 

I'm going to make a comparison with the code, one from a mod I make using MCreator and one without.

Oh yeah, someone also mentioned this unholy abomination: https://imgur.com/09K3WIv

Last seen on 11:31, 30. Sep 2023
Joined Nov 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have received a lot of…
Mon, 01/06/2020 - 09:13

I have received a lot of hate about using Mcreator and so, I do now actually know simple java skills and am able to make my own mods without Mcreator (but they take way longer).

The hate I have received has mainly been directed towards my mod Biota which has been nit-picked because of it's likeness (aesthetically) to Botania (a mod I am in absolute awe of). I am just going to say that my Biota mod was originally an experiment. It was an experiment in two way; one, whether Mcreator was advanced enough to make a mod similar to Botania and two, to see how people would react to a complex and aesthetically pleasing mod. I have realised (at least in my experience) that I got more hate from it being similar to Botania than it actually being made with Mcreator; which I am very happy about.

I have received more hate, though, from my first and most basic mods. This hate can break the heart of a young modder and what put me off modding for a couple of years. I know it sounds harsh, but I would recommend to a starting modder to make a few mods first and then try to combine the best parts of each into a 'super mod' as such that you could post on curseforge or planet Minecraft with less risk of hate mail.

Anyway, that my two cents worth. I hope this helped anyone reading this if they are deciding on whether to post their mod on PMC or another website.

-Sssssh

Last seen on 11:31, 30. Sep 2023
Joined Nov 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
P.S. I apologize for some of…
Mon, 01/06/2020 - 09:19

P.S. I apologize for some of the rubbish grammar, etc. I wrote this pretty late at night.

Last seen on 15:38, 1. Dec 2022
Joined Oct 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I use MCreator since 2016…
Mon, 01/06/2020 - 13:57

I use MCreator since 2016 and every Update it gets better.

Last seen on 18:58, 14. Mar 2021
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm very upset. I decided I…
Fri, 05/22/2020 - 01:45

I'm very upset. I decided I wanted to finally learn how to mod using java, after reading an article about how "limiting mcreator was". I spent the last couple of days looking at youtube tutorials and using intellij to make "tutorial mods." 

What I found;

The process entirely was so much less satasfying.

Mcreator was able to do so many things with greater ease. 

The community for modding with my specific platform and version was so much smaller!

It didn't seem worth it to learn java, so I'm back. Why walk when you could run?

Last seen on 22:55, 10. Sep 2020
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
ikr like srsly
Mon, 07/27/2020 - 00:36

ikr like srsly

Last seen on 18:31, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jan 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have caused some id's like…
Thu, 09/03/2020 - 03:41

I have caused some id's like spawn eggs and armor to be changed to have more parity with regular mods. I try to minimize the chance of my mod being disguised by being made with mcreator by removing credits, branding and whatever tells them it is made with mcreator.

Last seen on 16:49, 10. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Regardless of their reasons:…
Thu, 09/03/2020 - 03:46

Regardless of their reasons: They're definitely missing out :^)

Last seen on 11:43, 29. Mar 2024
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think its not fair that a…
Thu, 04/01/2021 - 09:18

I think its not fair that a lot of people hate mcreator bc of it being an-easy-to-use-and-understand mod maker. Bc In mc bedrock theres an app called Addon maker and does the same as mcreator, but addons needs to be coded as well right? then why does addon maker isn't even getting this hate like BRUH

Last seen on 02:17, 6. Jun 2022
Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have actually heard that a…
Thu, 04/01/2021 - 13:55

I have actually heard that a lot of people think it is a virus, that is also what I thought at first because of my ability to spot viruses and sketchy websites, but hey, I risked it and look what I found. I have never seen a better community for anything. The other reasons are valid too. As a wise person said "People assume the worst if they can't understand it".

Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I agree with everything here…
Thu, 04/01/2021 - 14:19

I agree with everything here. If they are gonna hate MCreator because it makes things easier than a good counter is that the FNAF series started with Clickteam Fusion. Although MCreator is a far better example of making a difficult subject easier because you can't just switch programming languages. Minecraft has a set programming language, and a difficult one at that.

Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Switching mod versions is…
Thu, 04/01/2021 - 14:21

Switching mod versions is easier in MCreator than if you just programmed the mod. MCreator also supports writing mods in Java.

Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I agree with everything you…
Thu, 04/01/2021 - 14:52

I agree with everything you say here. Now I know what to expect if my mod ever becomes popular on Curseforge since just like you're in awe of botania I am in awe of the Aether,.

Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Why is it not putting my…
Thu, 04/01/2021 - 14:53

Why is it not putting my comments under the comments I replied too? I pressed reply