How to make a tool mining 3x3 (Outdated)

Started by Goldorion on

Topic category: User side tutorials

How to make a tool mining 3x3 (Outdated)
Fri, 12/02/2022 - 02:49 (edited)

Hello everyone!

If you want a tool to mine an area of 3x3, you are at the right place! (You need to have MCreator with Entity direction procedure blocks.)

This procedure will check the direction of the entity and mine blocks in an are of 3 blocks by 3 blocks. For each block mined, the procedure will remove 1 durability on the tool.

First of all, you need to create your tool. I suggest you to create a pickaxe based tool.

After you have finished to create your tool, you will have to download this ZIP file. (Thanks to NorthWestTrees to fix the procedure.)

If you don't want to have to import it each time you make a hammer, you can add it to your own proedure templates (Into the Preferences, but you will need to restart MCreator).

When you have the procedure template, create a new procedure for the event "When block destroyed with tool" and import the main procedure. Then, create 4 other procedures for each direction (NORTH, SOUTH, EAST and WEST). Finally, come back into the main procedure and set the 4 procedures in the main procedure (Select the procedure for the 4 call procedure blocks).

Save the procedure and your tool, and it's done!

Some Informations:

• Due to the way I made the procedure (and some limitations of MCreator), I didn't make the compatibility for when the player looks the sky or the ground. So, it will just break the blocks as for the NORTH, SOUTH, EASt and WEST.
  • I created the procedure with MCreator 2020.2, so you can have problems if you use older versions.
  • I created the procedure with Minecraft 1.14.4, but it should also works in 1.12.2 (but upgrade to 1.14.4 to be supported by Minecraft Forge and soon MCreator).

If you have a problem, write it into the comments, and I will try to help you.

Edited by Goldorion on Fri, 12/02/2022 - 02:49
Last seen on 18:02, 6. Nov 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thousands of kisses to you :*
Mon, 03/30/2020 - 10:50

Thousands of kisses to you :*

Last seen on 01:53, 3. May 2020
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I do everything step by step…
Sat, 04/11/2020 - 13:06

I do everything step by step and It's still not working. :/

There is a problem with this…
Sat, 04/11/2020 - 13:44

There is a problem with this procedure I didn’t know, and NorthWestTrees has fixed it. I just forgot to upload the new procedures. I will do it as soon as possible.

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks for fast answer, I…
Sat, 04/11/2020 - 14:18

Thanks for fast answer, I would really appriciate if you upload this procedure today. Thanks for your time!

I updated the link with the…
Sat, 04/11/2020 - 15:17

I updated the link with the files. it should fix all of the problems you had. Thanks to NorthWestTrees

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks to you and…
Sat, 04/11/2020 - 15:51

Thanks to you and NorthWestTrees. I will see if it works and let you know.

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Works great! Thanks a lot!
Sat, 04/11/2020 - 16:04

Works great! Thanks a lot!

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Goldorion I didn't want to…
Sat, 04/11/2020 - 22:31

Goldorion I didn't want to waste your time but I have no choice. For the past few hours I've tried to make 5x4x1 hammer. I managed to make 3x3x1 hammer, but I also need 5x4x1 hammer. After 6 hours I give up. Could you help me with it? It's really important. :(

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
By 5x4x1 I mean this: https:…
Sat, 04/11/2020 - 22:51

By 5x4x1 I mean this: https://imgur.com/bo0br5Y

Red cross is where player dig, other squares represent the blocks to be destroyed as well. This is something I wanted to do for a long time but I need more help. :(

It’s the same thing. You…
Sat, 04/11/2020 - 23:41

It’s the same thing. You have only to add more procedure blocks to break and loot the the block. To help you, I suggest you to take the picture you send me, and write x,y at the location of the red cross. Then, for the location under this square, write x, y-1. For the square at the left of the red cross, write x +1(or -1), y. Do that for all of your squares, and just add the missing procedure blocks to all of the procedures (and replace the x by z for  the north/south directions). I hope it’s understandable and you will be able to make your hammer. If I just give you the procedures, you will never learn. You have to make your things by yourself, and when you need help, ask for knowledges, not for a solution.

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You are right. It wouldn't…
Sat, 04/11/2020 - 23:49

You are right. It wouldn't be fair to use someone else work. That 3x3x3 procedure is helpful enough. Thank you for helping me, I will do my best to make it work, it might take a while but I will let you know how I'm doing in the next couple of days. :) 

Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
One more question. Am I…
Sun, 04/12/2020 - 00:05

One more question. Am I doing it right so far? What about the squares that I marked yellow? I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be done. 

https://imgur.com/IQX02Uf