How to make a tool mining 3x3 (Outdated)

Started by Goldorion on

Topic category: User side tutorials

How to make a tool mining 3x3 (Outdated)
Fri, 12/02/2022 - 02:49 (edited)

Hello everyone!

If you want a tool to mine an area of 3x3, you are at the right place! (You need to have MCreator with Entity direction procedure blocks.)

This procedure will check the direction of the entity and mine blocks in an are of 3 blocks by 3 blocks. For each block mined, the procedure will remove 1 durability on the tool.

First of all, you need to create your tool. I suggest you to create a pickaxe based tool.

After you have finished to create your tool, you will have to download this ZIP file. (Thanks to NorthWestTrees to fix the procedure.)

If you don't want to have to import it each time you make a hammer, you can add it to your own proedure templates (Into the Preferences, but you will need to restart MCreator).

When you have the procedure template, create a new procedure for the event "When block destroyed with tool" and import the main procedure. Then, create 4 other procedures for each direction (NORTH, SOUTH, EAST and WEST). Finally, come back into the main procedure and set the 4 procedures in the main procedure (Select the procedure for the 4 call procedure blocks).

Save the procedure and your tool, and it's done!

Some Informations:

• Due to the way I made the procedure (and some limitations of MCreator), I didn't make the compatibility for when the player looks the sky or the ground. So, it will just break the blocks as for the NORTH, SOUTH, EASt and WEST.
  • I created the procedure with MCreator 2020.2, so you can have problems if you use older versions.
  • I created the procedure with Minecraft 1.14.4, but it should also works in 1.12.2 (but upgrade to 1.14.4 to be supported by Minecraft Forge and soon MCreator).

If you have a problem, write it into the comments, and I will try to help you.

Edited by Goldorion on Fri, 12/02/2022 - 02:49
When I spoke of the…
Sun, 04/12/2020 - 02:42

When I spoke of the directions, i mean you have to create 4 procedures for each direction (like the procedures I gave you). For example, for the EAST and WEST, you will always have to use X and Y, and for the NORTH and SOUTH, you will always have to use Z and Y. You don’t have to use X, Y and Z into the same procedure because otherwise, it won't work due to the coordinates. X is only used for the EAST and the WEST, and the Z is only used for the NORTH and the SOUTH. If Intake your screen and I use only X, you will have to replace your Z by X. After, you will have to remake this procedure, but instead of use X, you will have to use the Z. Is it more clear?

Last seen on 01:53, 3. May 2020
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think it is. I will try to…
Sun, 04/12/2020 - 22:04

I think it is. I will try to figure it out now. Sorry I answer so late but I didn't have time earlier.

Last seen on 01:53, 3. May 2020
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It works! Goldorion It…
Sun, 04/12/2020 - 23:24

It works! Goldorion It wouldn't be possible without you... I'm really thankful. I will put you and NorthWestTrees in credits of my mod. Thank you for your time, you are awesome!

Last seen on 19:10, 19. Jun 2020
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It is very very interesting…
Tue, 04/14/2020 - 14:08

It is very very interesting. I am learning a lot thanks to you! Thanks Goldorion.

Last seen on 04:48, 17. Jun 2020
Joined Mar 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If I want to create a tool…
Sat, 05/09/2020 - 03:44

If I want to create a tool that is larger than 3x3, where do I need to edit the procedures?

Add conditions checking the…
Sat, 05/09/2020 - 15:37

Add conditions checking the block and if the conditon is true, you remove the block at the same block and drop it.

Last seen on 11:16, 3. Apr 2022
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I don't know if this topic…
Mon, 05/11/2020 - 06:07

I don't know if this topic is long over, but thank you for the guide, it would be nice if there was a video for this topic but I have a small problem and a question. What if I wanted to create a pickaxe instead of 3x3 is 9x9? and next I have problems with Mcreator, probably he is known to everyone, it is about "the lack of internet error" even though I have been using Mcreator for a long time * Finally
It is after downloading Mcreator 2020.2 that I have problems with it, I used 1.9.1 and I did not have this problem anymore but I noticed that you need to download a new version of Mcreator for this to work 3x3 pickaxe creation

Last seen on 12:22, 30. Jul 2020
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hello I am bad at procedures…
Tue, 07/28/2020 - 13:53

Hello

I am bad at procedures and I can't set it up. It would be much more simple if you would make a video tutorial or add some screenshots at least. I can't understand, what am I supposed to do. I imported the main procedure, others don't import

What am I supposed to do with that? I am so confusedProcedures

Last seen on 19:30, 8. Feb 2023
Joined Jan 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
it shows empty procedures…
Fri, 08/14/2020 - 14:16

it shows empty procedures when i import 

Last seen on 11:11, 1. Sep 2020
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
hello im kinda new to this…
Sun, 08/16/2020 - 10:08

hello im kinda new to this and i need some help. i just do not under stand the what you said.

can you maybe post a screen shot or make a video it  help a lot

thanks.

Last seen on 11:32, 1. Feb 2021
Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I tried it and it worked,,…
Sun, 01/10/2021 - 12:05

I tried it and it worked,, but it broke 27 blocks instead of 9?